The New Ginger Boy

School was starting again soon enough. Everybody was dreading it, including me. This year I would be in highschool. I would be a freshman. Some people have been waiting their whole life for highschool, unlike me. I was afraid for highschool. Three other schools would be combining, it's a huge school, and it's VERY challenging. What's so fun about that? Plus, you could be tore apart from your middle school friends. And there's more drama, bullies....

I opened the pearl white door to find my friends, Emily and Marie. They were dressed up for the occasion of the first day of school. Emily had her long dark hair clean and brushed out. She was wearing a red blouse and new jean shorts. Marie had a see-through white button-down blouse and a blue and white striped shorts from Aèropostle. Her sandy blond hair was curled neatly.

I was wearing a casual outfit, a bright orange and bright red plaid shirt with buttons going down and a small pocket on the left side of my chest. I also wore jean shorts as well. My back-pack was orange, of course, considering that was my favorite color with hot red, rosy pink, and bright orange flowers. Emily's was a pretty blue-green with flowers up the side, and Marie's was just plain yellow.

I offered them to come inside, and as always they did. I plugged my orange headphones in my IPhone and turned up Ed Sheeran. Marie did the same with her IPod.

"I'm sorta nervous! There are going to be all new people," Emily moaned.

"Yeah, I hope we don't all find new friends," I sighed.

"We won't. We all have to stay together, and maybe Isabel, too," Marie stated, reading our minds.

"Yeah. I hope there are gingers there!" I joked.

Well, not really. I really hoped there would be gingers. I always had a thing for gingers for some reason.

"Maybe we should get going, it's 7:30," Marie offered, staring at the time on her phone.

"Yeah, hey dad! Can you drive us now?" I yelped.

Before I knew it, we were all piled into my dad's pearl white car.

"Hey!" Isabel screamed when she saw us as she made her way through all the teenagers.

"Hey! What's up? It's so crowded!" I smiled as I gave her a hug. I had been at my mom's for three weeks and hasn't seen any of my friends.

"Ugh, this year will be hard!" Isabel choked.

The three of them talked about drama, teachers, classes they had together, while I zoned out, looking for something...

someone.

Ginger, ginger, ginger, ginger, raced through my mind. My eyes spied through all the people looking for a ginger, but there was nothing. Creepy, but whatever. I made a bet with Marie that I would end up marrying a ginger in 5th grade. She even had a recording.

Disapointed as I was, I headed over to the doors with my friends. My locker was number 103, and my first class would be Reading. I headed to my locker to set up my things....

Luckily, my locker was right next to Marie's. The locker next to mine was empty. I set up my binders, locker, and opened all my new supplies. My locker even had an Ed Sheeran poster in it!

Everyday my classes were, Reading, Writing, Math, Science, S.S, Biology, Chemistry, Music, and Creative Writing. After school I would have Dance Team. Weeks past and everything was the same.

It was finally December.