Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Her parents offered for her to stay with them but she knew if she did she would end up smothered and never end up leaving. Being smothered is something that she never coped well with. After Hermione said goodbye, she was about to call up a local hotel and ask if she could stay for two nights, but she bumped into someone and her handbag spilled it's contents all over the ground.

"Granger-wait Weasley?" Came a familiar voice. "What are you doing here, isn't your family back in England?"

Hermione got up from the ground and turned to see Draco Malfoy standing behind her. The pair had been Head Boy and Head Girl in what should have been their 7th year at Hogwarts but instead was their 8th. At first they did not get along at all, Draco thought of Hermione as a spiteful bitch who thought she knew everything and Hermione thought of Draco as a stuck up prick who still thought blood mattered. But the two of them had been forced to get along with each other otherwise they would lose the positions that they had wanted for most of their academic life. Their hatred turned into mild dislike which then turned into actually liking each other, then they started to fancy each other and by the end of the year they were confessing their love to each other and were boyfriend and girlfriend. But then Draco fucked it up by sleeping with Pansy and as an act of revenge Hermione slept with Ron which caused her to fall pregnant with Rose and to marry Ronald as she didn't want to bring disrespect to her father's family. Draco and Hermione hadn't seen each other in eleven years.

"Oh, hello Malfoy." Hermione said as she bent back down to pick up her belongings from the ground, "As to why I'm in Australia-my parents live here and I was telling them how I left Ron and the children as I just couldn't do it anymore. And I'm going to be Granger again-soon I hope, I've signed the divorce papers and given him custody of the children."

"Oh," Malfoy muttered "Then our lives are kinda the same...in a way."

"How?"

"Well, shortly after we broke up, I slept with Astoria Greengrass and I got her pregnant." Draco sighed "My father forced me to marry her as he did not want me to bring disrespect to the Malfoy or the Greengrass name. I had a son and he is called Tiberius, he's a horrible child and I really really don't like Astoria so I decided to call it quits and so I divorced her. And now here I am, in Australia." At Hermione's inquisitive look "I run businesses over here and they are quite successful. If I do say so myself." Draco popped the collar of his shirt as he said that.

Hermione laughed, it was laugh that reminded Draco of all the good times that they had together and he was a fool to think that Pansy was better than her. A complete and utter fool.

"Do you need a place to stay?" Draco blurted out.

"What?" Hermione asked slightly confused "Say that again, but slower."

"I said, do you need a place to stay?"

"Oh, I was just going to call up a hotel and get a room for a few nights and then go exploring."

"You can stay with me if you want and I can show all the good places to go, seeing as I have lived here for almost six years."

"Well, okay then. Thanks Draco."

Ron walked up to his desk and shook his head, it was eight o'clock in the morning and already there was a huge pile of paperwork on his desk. As he walked closer he saw that it was not anything to do with the auror office but instead it was from the Department of Family Relations- it was the divorce paper work. He sighed, damn Hermione still worked fast. He skimmed through the paper. She was giving him full custody of the children, she clearly didn't want anything to do with the name Weasley. She was cutting all ties to them. Ron rubbed his temples before setting down to work, he had a lot of paper work to do.