eighteen

The feeling of being loved back is one of the most beautiful feelings ever.
Especially when you've been waiting for fifteen years.

Mitch Grassi had always been one of a kind. He was always full of energy, he had the biggest heart and he had always been the person I looked up to. That's why I fell in love with him.

I met the boy when I was seven. I was a small, happy boy who didn't have a single worry in this world. I lived in New York with my mother and my two sisters, I had a bunch of friends by my side, I went to the best school in the city and everything in my life was just perfect.

That's when Mitch Grassi stepped into the frame. It's not that he made my life any worse, but he definitely brought his drama with him everywhere he went. Whether it was a pencil that was the wrong color, or his mother who woke him up two minutes too late in the morning, the drama would always follow him.

When we both turned twelve, I quickly realized he was my best friend. In four years we hadn't spent a day without seeing each other. We were always playing Mario Kart or going to concerts, we obviously met each other in school almost daily, we were throwing sleepovers almost every weekend and basically, we were just inseparable.

The fact that Mitch carries the drama everywhere hadn't disappeared at all. He was always over reacting to everything, but usually in a humorous way.

Years went by and soon we were both turning sixteen, the magical number where everything in your life turned upside down. Mitch and I started to date almost every girl in our school and were usually stuck with them, making it harder for us to see each other. But every second spent with a girl felt like a wasted one. I always found myself thinking about Mitch, and almost every thought wasn't exactly a... Friendly one. Of course they were positive - he was my best friend, but being sixteen and needy, most of the thoughts were somehow... Naughty. Whenever I'd press my lips against a girl's, I'd find myself imagining Mitch kissing me.

I once told Mitch about having a dream where we kissed, and he just laughed. I guess he hadn't even thought about us being more than best friends. And apparently it seemed funny to him.

When we turned eighteen, I realized I was actually madly in love with him. I once accidentally slipped the words out of my mouth while being drunk. The bad thing was that Mitch wasn't. I remember being more confused than ever when he wouldn't talk to me for days, even weeks. Before I understood. I had told him how much I wanted him, how I didn't think he was just my best friend anymore. But he didn't think the same thing.

Now, just hours ago Mitch told me he loved me. He told me that he had never been more sure about anything in the twenty two years he'd lived. I couldn't wrap my mind around it. I had been in love with him for fifteen years, and now, on this wintery day, he told me he loved me too.
"You okay there?" Mitch frowned. You know the feeling when you clearly hear what a person says but still feel like they were talking in the most random language? That's what happened to me.
"Huh?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.
"I asked if you're okay..." Mitch chuckled.
"Oh." I said. "I don't know. No. Yes, most definitely. I don't know. I'm not sure? But yes. No? I don't--" What I wasn't expecting was a pair of soft lips pressing against mine. My hands cupped his cheeks as I pulled him closer. "Yes." I said after I pulled away. "More okay than I've ever been."
"Okay then." Mitch smiled against my lips. "Me too." A deep silence fell between us. I traced my fingers against his face, searching for something I hadn't seen yet.
"You're beautiful." I stated without thinking. He blushed.
"Thank you." He smiled. "Can you hug me? I don't want to feel alone."
I laughed a little.
"My arms were made for holding you, Mitch." I said and took his hand, pulling him to the couch and onto my lap. "I can't believe this is happening. I've been dreaming about this for years." I whispered against the skin on his neck. He shivered and let his head drop on one side, giving me more space.
"Scott?"
"Yeah?"
"I love you."

One Direction - 18

I got a heart, and I got a soul
Believe me, I will use them both
We made a start, be it a false one I know
Baby, I don't want to feel alone

So kiss me where I lay down
My hands pressed to your cheeks
A long way from the playground

I have loved you since we were eighteen
Long before we both thought the same thing
To be loved and to be in love
All I can do is say that these arms were made for holding you
I wanna love like you made me feel
When we were eighteen

We took a chance, God knows we've tried
Yet all along I knew we'd be fine

So pour me a drink, oh love
Let's split the night wide open and we'll see everything we can
Living love in slow motion, motion, motion

So kiss me where I lay down
My hands pressed to your cheeks
A long way from the playground

I have loved you since we were eighteen
Long before we both thought the same thing
To be loved and to be in love
And all I can do is say that these arms were made for holding you
And I wanna love like you made me feel
When we were eighteen

When we were eighteen,
Oh love

Kiss me where I lay down
My hands pressed to your cheeks
A long way from the playground

I have loved you since we were eighteen
Long before we both thought the same thing
To be loved and to be in love
And all I can do is say that these arms were made for holding you
And I wanna love like you made me feel
When we were eighteen

I wanna love like you made me feel
When we were eighteen

I wanna love like you made me feel
When we were eighteen

A/N

MERRY CHRISTMAS