dos

When Caspar led me to my new room I was confused. It didn't seem like a guest room at all. In fact, it looked more like his room. "We're sharing. The guest room is being remodeled right now. Sorry about that." He told me and I decided to sit down on his bed, seeing as there was only one anyway.

I threw my head back to laugh. "Let me get this straight, jirafa. I have to live by some stupid rules, live here for a year and we have to share a room? This is unreal." I huffed, looking up at Caspar who had a confused face.

"Other than the fact I have no idea what you just called me, you're only staying about ten months and a few weeks. It wont be that bad."

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." I replied smugly, ignoring his last comment. As if I cared the exact time I would be staying. The only thing I cared about was about the Sidemen. KSI needed someone to deal but if I wasn't there, who would deal? Before I was forced to join, the Sidemen didn't bother dealing because no one wanted to go down that route. Of course, I had no say in what I wanted to do.

I liked the idea that no one in this house knew Spanish. If they did, then I'd be fucked. I already knew that I was going to be spending my time cursing them out in another language and pretend I didn't say anything if they were to confront me.

"You'll sleep in my bed while I'll sleep on the floor."

"Nah, it's cool. I'm used to sleeping on the floor." I sighed, why couldn't I just die right now?

"Alrighty, if you're sure. We have an inflatable mattress for you.  I'll be with Theo in the living room if you want to swing by later." Caspar walked towards to the door rather too quickly, causing him to trip. I couldn't help but laugh and he shook his head, probably from embarrassment, and left.

-

A few days passed and I was completely bored out of my mind. I hadn't left the house because I didn't know my way around, besides this one place across the street. I never bothered paying attention to what it was called but it's not like I cared. They sold juices, smoothies, ice cream, and snacks.

 I had nothing to do besides listening to some music and play some apps on my iPod. I never had a phone, just my mom, in case of emergencies back home. If we wanted to use the internet, we'd have to walk a few blocks to our nearest public library. My mom and dad were already busting their asses off trying to provide food for us to worry about having Wi-Fi in the house. Then, when I started to make money, I helped more around the house. Zoe's only job was to make sure my mom didn't break down crying because of the bills we were behind on. I mean, she also cooked and clean but we all had chores to do.

"Hey, Joe!" Mr. Lee greeted me and I gave him a nod as a reply. I was too busy listening to the Foo Fighters. "It's Sunday and we usually go to church. I know Emily made it seem like you are forced to go but that's not true. So, do you want to come or not?"

I slightly rolled my eyes, not bothering to take off my headphones. I could hear him perfectly.

"No thanks."

"I'll tell Emily that you'll go when you're ready."

The joke was on him because that would never happen.

Just as Mr. Lee turned the corner, Caspar walked past Mr. Lee and picked up a blue backpack that was on his desk.

"Sorry, I can't make it dad. I need to study."

I almost laughed. Almost. Who the fuck studies in the middle of summer? Even when I was a good student, I never did it. Then again, this is Caspar.

"It's fine, son. Keep studying! I want those straight As this year. Maybe you can help out Joe." He leaves, shutting the door.

I closed my eyes, letting the music take over my thoughts as I felt the corner of the bed get heavier.