Chapter Twenty-One

"Are you sure you have everything?" Aiden asks.

I look around my room. Nothing really jumps out at me. "I think so. I don't have much stuff so I think everything is packed."

"I'm sure if you did forget something that Mr. and Mrs. Geiger would mail it to you," Aiden says.

"That is true. Would you mind if we made one stop on our way?" I ask.

"Yeah of course, just direct me there," he says.

I smile at him. Last night, Aiden agreed to come help me move in and then later in the day, Danielle and Robert are going to drive up with his stuff. I'm glad he's helping me; I have more stuff than I originally thought I did and doing it all by myself would have been an interesting adventure.

I look around my room one last time before following Aiden out through the door. When we get outside I lock the front door and stare at the house for a moment. This has been my home for the past few months and I'm going to miss it. I've always loved Brooke's house but now it actually feels like mine.

"Ready?" Aiden asks as he puts his hand on the small of my back, a gesture that I find comforting, especially with everything that's going on.

"Yeah, I think so." I smile at him and turn around and head towards my car. I get in the passengers side as Aiden gets in to drive.

"Where did you want to stop?" Aiden asks as the engine comes alive.

"My house. There's something I need to grab there before we head off."

"Okay, show me the way." Aiden doesn't question me and I'm glad he doesn't. He just simply pulls out of the driveway.

When we reach my street I can feel my pulse begin to race. The last time I was here, I wasn't sure if I would live to see another day. Being with Aiden, I feel better and safer but I'm still unsure. I'm a little nervous to see what might be waiting for me inside, considering I haven't been inside since I've killed the Hunter. I point to which one is mine and Aiden pulls into the driveway. I'm getting more nervous now and I'm starting to regret my decision.

Aiden turns to me and I can feel the worry in his stare, "Are you okay? Just tell me what you need and I can go get it."

I'm glad he offered but I should really go inside. Besides I don't know what he would find in there, and the last thing I want is questions. "No I'm fine, I'm just a little nervous but I'll be okay. Thanks though, for offering. I really appreciate it."

"I'll be here if you need me," He says. He gives my hand a reassuring squeeze.

I hang onto his words as I get out of the car. The moment I step onto the pavement, I can feel that I'm being watched. I know Aiden is watching me, but it's something else. I look around to see if I can see anything but whatever it is, is concealing itself much better than the last time. I try to ignore it and head inside.

Once I'm inside, I can smell the burnt flesh from the Hunter. I immediately touch the spot on my stomach where the Hunter tried to rip my soul from me. It's still tender and I'm not sure if it's from the memory or if it's actually still sore. I decide instead of wasting time thinking about that day, I just head up to my room, to what I came here for.

As I walk into my room, I can see that it's exactly the same way I left it. I walk over to my bed and sit down. I look around and think about all the memories that I've had in this room. There are so many good memories but the only thing that sticks out in my mind is that I'll probably never create good memories here again. I don't think I could ever live here again.