Chapter 1

Chapter 1 — Introduction

Hi, I believe we have never met. I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Lou and I'm 16 years old.
You might be wondering why I'm saying my name is only Lou, but I can't tell you.
Basically, my life consists of social media.
Literally.
I spend my days reading on that app called Wattpad. It's really cool. Also, my favorite social media is Twitter and not Facebook... Geez who even has Facebook anymore xD
Back to me, so I am a fangirl. Yeah yeah I know what you think. People who aren't fangirls or fanboys (they're so rare, if you find one please contact me) assume that we are crazy species obsessed with celebrities and stalking them and everything. You got that all wrong girl (or boy... Or dinosaur... Whatever you are). We are amazing human beings who love A LOT some other human beings in the world who happen to have very pretty faces and a lot of talent. Hurt one of us and it's World War III trust me. We are a family and even though we come from different places and have never met, we are one huge family.

Now I guess you're getting bored of hearing me speak about myself cause I for sure can be pretty boring so don't hesitate to like scream to make me jump to like make me stop from rambling.

I don't really know what I could say more than this because that's basic and all you need to know for now.
I'm just going to move on and start telling you about what a normal day at school is.

I wake up at 6 in the morning to start getting ready. I take a bus at 6:52 and then take the subway at 7:27 to finally stop midway at 7:51 to wait for my friends. We then take another subway at 8 to be in the school's yard by 8:15. When I arrive at school, if I have my clarinet, I put it in the room where it has to be. After that, I go to my locker. Until here, everything's normal.

Then there's the girl. THE girl that makes me want to stab everyone with a knife 180 times. She is my best friend. Well...was. She was my best friend. I don't even see her as a friend now. She betrayed me and humiliated me. I liked this guy named Ty and I thought he liked me because on my birthday, he wished me a good day with a kiss emoji and we were kinda flirting with eachother all the time. But I found out he liked her. I have no idea why he did this to me even though he knew I liked him. I knew she liked him too. Of course, when you put two and two together, you understand that they are now a couple.

This is not even the first time this happens.

Not even the second.

It's the third time, in three years, that my best friends has feelings for my crush and it ruins our friendship. But this time it's worse because Gertrude (don't judge her, it's her parents' fault, but she deserves that name) is actually dating him. It didn't work with the two previous boys and girls so it wasn't THAT bad, but this time....it hurts like ass.

So yeah. She comes to see me at my locker every. single. day. And I'm really rude to her when she's there. I mean, when someone's rude to you, it means they don't want to talk to you. Like, am I right or am I right?! Bro, the chick needs some help. She's one of the reason I see a psychologist at school...and before you say I'm exaggerating, she's not that big of a reason.

Oh god, I talk way too much. I thought it would be interesting, but it's so boring. I'm sorry.

Even though my life has a dark side (that takes 99% of the place, no joke), I still have a bright side. My three best friends (at school, not online) are some of the people I love the most on Earth. There's two girls and a boy. No we're not like a little group, I just hang out with them randomly. The girls are named Sam (short for Samantha) and Allie. These two are like my sisters. The boy is named Noah. He's a really cute boy and we have so much chemistry together, but it creates a lot of bullshit because some girls are jealous of our closeness.
Still on the good side, there's of course music. I play in that orchestra and we're touring in France this summer. It's really cool.

And these are pretty much the only good things in my life.

So yeah, on a school day, after the witch goes at my locker, we go to class (because God loves me so much, he put Gertrude in every class with me. And, as if it wasn't enough, our last names are close and we always sit next to each other). And she starts talking even before the teacher has time to breathe. I can't even concentrate correctly so I've been getting horrible marks. Although she fails every single class, she doesn't give a damn and talks even more than at the beginning of the year.

I hope she's not gonna be too much of a distraction during the next 10 months.
Oh god, why do we have to spend 10 months in that hell hole? That's crazy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First class : History
"For your first assignment, you're going to have to choose a war, I don't mind which one and where, and explain it very well in an oral presentation." Said the teacher while the whole class groaned.
"Yes you'll be in pairs."
A chorus of "yes" echoes in the class now.

"Sam and Allie"
"Paul and Thomas"
"Harry and Shawn"
And it goes on and on until....

"Lou and...."

Please don't put me with Gertrude please please please.

"....Gertrude."

Fuck.

She suddenly smiles at me and I kinda feel bad for thinking all those things about her. She didn't mean to fall in love with Ty...you can't control your feelings....

But she has been a bitch about it and whatever you say, it still stings.

Yeah...whatever.

So the class went by as boring as usual. Everyone was excited because the teacher said she'd let us a few minutes at the end of the class to discuss the project.

"So do you wanna come at mine after school to work on the assignment?"

Yeah right pfff, as if I would do this. I told Gertrude that I had some stuff to for the music stuff since y'know the orchestra.

*RRRRRRRRING*

Finally.