Love you to Death

Chapter One

A green field spouting with dandelions and children running around at the playground screaming like it was part of a game they played. Lying on the soft grass were James and Kelsey. James relaxed taking a break from the work he was getting his freshmen year in college. HIe well built body was the cause of his vigorous boxing training. He was handsome and had been in love with Kelsey since sophomore year of high school. Kelsey looked into his blue eyes and smiled. She looked at their hands. Her delicate fingers interlocking with his strong ones. Her ivory skin against his. She looked at his knuckles that had scars looking as if he got cut with a rigid knife. He had gotten the scar by boxing without gloves on, or so he said. The sky was clear and not a cloud was in the sky. The warm breeze flew over them. 

The perfect moment was ruined with a ring coming form Kelsey's pocket. James rolled his eyes and got up, "Sorry" She looked at his silhouette. His brown hair spiked in the front. His strong jawline. Kelsey answered the phone, "Hello?"

"Come home." She heard the high voice of her younger brother. 

"Joseph, how did you call me? You can barely remember where our house is."

"I can too remember. I'm five." Kelsey heard the phone being passed.

"I called you." She heard the voice of her 16 year old brother, Adrian. 

"Why did you call me?"

"Sorry to bother your face-sucking time with James , but mom and dad are coming home soon."

"Crap. I forgot."

"No shit."

"Watch it Joseph is there…" She looked to her watch. "I'll be there soon." She could see the annoyance in James' face. She hung up and rose from the ground. 

"Let me guess. You're leaving."

"Yeah, sorry. My parents are coming home from their business conference." He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close. 

He kissed her, "Bye love."

She smiled and kissed him back, "Bye."

They parted and went to their homes. James lived far from the park, while Kelsey lived just up the street. When she arrived home Adrian opened the door. He had dark curly hair and gray eyes. Even though she was older by three years he was significantly taller, "Hurry up, they're going to be here any second."

Kelsey stepped in and turned the corner to go up the stairs. Her parents dedication to their job left them with a big house. She walked up the curved stone stairs and made it to an open space with wood flooring. There was a door to her left that was closed.  Next to it was another that was wide open with toys spilling out. Across from it was a door creaked open. And at the far end of the hall was Kelsey's room. She walked by the pictures of her family. She saw their most recent family portrait. Joseph was only a year old. There were many candids of Kelsey and Adrian. One was of Joseph smiling holding a white stuffed bear with blue buttons for eyes. All she had were her parents. No aunts no uncles. Their family was a small and lonely one. She went over to her bathroom and checked her makeup. She looked to her clear blue eyes, and fixed her eyeliner. She then brushed her brown hair lined with streaks of gold. She took a long look in the mirror. She had never felt attractive. She had always been told she was, yet when she saw herself there were only imperfections. 

When she made it down she heard the voices of her parents. Every time she heard them they sounded different. She took a deep breath and walked into the large living room and greeted her parents. They still wore their business suits. They hugged and spoke about school and how things have been lately. Their father was a serious man. He had hazel eyes, and dark hair. Joseph and Adrian were and exact reflection of him. Her mother was more strict than serious. She dwelled on the silly conversations that Joseph would have with them, while her father did not. Her mother was just like Kelsey. She had long flowing hair just like her daughter, yet it was always in a bun for work. She took a moment to talk to Kelsey about her studies, "I hope there aren't any distractions."