In My Dreams

I lay in my bed ,unable to sleep ,when finally my eyes slip shut. The first thing I see is his face. With his glowing blue eyes with full eyelashes and shining black hair. I call him Tray. I created h inside my mind and he's perfect. In an imperfect way. I imagined him out of loneliness and rejection. I talked to him in my mind when no one else will listen. He keeps me from going crazy or makes me that way. I still don't know yet. He reaches for my hand and intertwines his fingers with mine. I hold his hand tightly like a life line. Then I notice we are on a bench in a flourishing garden. It's alive with sounds. I smiled at him with relief. "What's wrong" he ask. I looked at the ground as a tear slipped down my face. "Mom was talking about leaving my Dad well, stepdad." My Mom was married to another man then they got a divorce. Then she meet my real dad and he got her pregnant and decided he didn't want me. Then she married my stepdad when I was three. Tray looked at me with an understanding look. "Well I know you've lived with him since you were three ,but there's probably a reason why she wants to leave him." I shook my head. "That's not what I'm worried about. I hate to admit it but I never really got attached to him." I felt like a terrible person. He looked at me. "Oh ,then what are you worried about?" I bit the inside of my jaw. That is my nervous habit and I should probably stop ,but like other things I do it's hard to stop. "I don't want to move schools and what if we can't keep Sugar." Sugar is my horse. She is beautiful with a golden palomino color and a white mane. I can't ride her yet she's too small. She had to be took away from her mother too soon because her mother couldn't walk. That's why she only costed eighty-five dollars at the horse sale. Nobody believed in her ,I know the feeling. "Look maybe you could stay in your school and put sugar with your Mamie. " that's my grandmother she is entirely unique and funny. But if you tell her she's unique she'll jokingly say I don't nique you nique. Have to love Mamie. "You know how to make it all good don't you. " I said to Tray. "Well kind of my job." He said with a smile. Then out of nowhere: "beep beep beep" stupid alarm clock I thought as I jumped up and cut it off. I jumped out of bed and grabbed my outfit I laid out last night. A black arpostal skinny tee ,secondhand rue21 jeans and black converse. I put it on and checked it out in the full mirror against my wall beside my bed. My room is pretty cool to me it's done in purple and zebra print with some posters on the wall and a purple canopy over my bed and no I'm not a prep. I ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and my long blonde hair then I washed my face wishing I could wash away my freckles. I went back to my room to put on dark eyeliner and mascara with a little eyeshadow and lipgloss. I put my school things in the living room and I was ready with twenty minutes to spare. I am home alone in the mornings my mom and dad are already off to work and my brother is twenty-one and in the marines. I don't call him by his name ,wich is Cody. I just call him brother and I always have and always will. I miss him a lot. Well okay he's really my half brother ,but he was there when I was born. His dad is my mom's first husband. I looked at his picture hanging on the wall. He is wearing his dress blues and is in front of two flags the American flag and the marine flag. I remember the day he said he joined my mom cried and I did too. My mom wishes I would go into the military instead of brother ,but I don't blame him. She is trying to get me to go into the military ,but I don't want to. "Honk" the bus knocked me out of my thoughts. Oh great school. Note the sarcasm. I hopped on the bus and told Rodney ,my bus driver hey. Most kids don't talk to there bus drivers but I do. I sat in the back seat and day dreamed until I got to the high school and Trinity poked me in the arm. "Still alive?" She ask. "Kinda" I said rubbing my arm. Trinity is my friend although she picks on me a little because I'm a freshman. I got off the bus got my stuff from my locker and went to my homeroom. "Silvia" I heard Mrs. Alford call me over. I walked over and did a double take because standing beside her was Tray ,my Tray.