The Comeback.....

I took a seat next to Carmen in the back.

Me-sup

Carmen-hey

She was texting wich was unlike her to do in class.

Me-so uh who you textin

She looked up.

Carmen-huh, uh no one.

I knew she was lying cause she is a horrible lier.

Me-oh ok.

She put her phone in her bag and looked at the teacher. She was really nervous. I could tell cause she was shaking her leg and puffing her checks. Thats the same thing she did when she thought she had to move in 5th grade. I had to figure out who the hell she was texting! I had a great idea. I took a pen out my bag and throw it at Nelson, who was sitting on her otherside.

Nelson-what the hell?! Who the fuq threw that!?

Carmen did exactly what i expected her to do. Immediatly she forgot all about whatever was bothering her before, and went over to Nelson to check on him.

I went staight for her bag and scrambled for her phone. Sure enough i saw the bunny ears from her case sticking up and grabbed it. I went to her texts.

Unknown-remember me???

Carmen-how did u get my #?!?

Unknown-that doesnt matter.

Carmen-what do u want

Unknown-i want to get to know u again Carmen. I've missed u.

Carmen-dnt text this # again!!!!

And that was the end. Obviously there was more but im guessing Carmen deleted them.

She turned back around. I hurried up and threw her phone back in her bag.

Me-um, Carm, you sure you wasnt texting no one, cause you seem.....i dont know worried?

Carmen-look i said it was no one so just leave it at that ok!!

I looked at her like she was crazy. Cause for her, it was! She got up like 5 seconds before the bell rang snatched up her things and left.

Eriell POV

The bell rang. I grabbed my stuff and went to lunch. When I walked in Carmen, Jazmyn, and Nevaeh were waiting at the table.

Me-hey!

Jazmyn-sup Errie.

Nevaeh-hi.

Jazmyn was watching Carmen text. Neveah was starring at that boy from the basketball team, um I think his name was Chresanto. And I was just standing there holding my books. I looked at the scene one more time and sat down. The silence was unbearable. Even for me.

Me-so Carmen who are u texting?

Carmen-(slams phone down)GOD!! Why do yall keep askin me that!!

Then she got up and walked out. Everyone at the table stared after her in surprise except Jazmyn. She folded her arms sat back and shook her head. It was really unlikely for her to act that way. Then my pen fell I went to pick it up. When a hand picked it up for me.

Rayon-you know if I didn't know any better, id say you were doing this on purpose.

He said that with a bright smile. I wondered if he could see me blushing. His long braids draped over his broad shoulders. He was so tall it felt like I was holding my neck all the way back.