Honored Warrior

"Ugh, I couldn't sleep last night. I still had thoughts about June 16, 2016."

"What was June 16," asked John. "It was hell," Jack responded.

It was a cold and windy night. Our squad, squad 117, was asked to gain the intelligence from the dragonflies main base camp. We had setup a camp of our own 1.5 miles away from the dragonflies camp. We were to go in undetected and swipe the intelligence without being spotted. We then were to go to the rendezvous point and take a helicopter back to main camp and let our scientists decipher the intelligence. What happened to us was completely different then what was supposed to happen. We took the forest as our route to the dragonflies camp. We were doing well until we came upon a smugglers camp. They were smuggling nuclear weaponry that was to be delivered at the dragonflies camp. We had to stop them. We had our sniper kill the two guards as the rest of us snook around from behind. We had our scouts sneak in and kill the remaining smugglers. The rest of the squad disposed the bodies in the nearby swamp. We then continued our main route towards the camp. When we arrived we scoped out the entire camp to main sure there were no hostiles on us. Our plan was to sneak in from behind and go underground to swipe the intelligence. As we were entering an alarm was triggered. We ran as fast as we could underground to take the intelligence. Our two supports, Alpha and Wolf, were to stay behind and defend the entrance. The sniper, Rex, was running towards the intelligence when he set of a mine. His legs were blown off and he was lying in pain dying. I had no other thoughts then to help out Rex. Our two supports were killed. Alpha and Wolf were both killed by a grenade. There was nothing left of there bodies other than a few scraps. We couldn't do anything. Our remaining team was, Rex, the three scouts, our spy, and me. We were running to the closest escape point when our spy, Charles, was shot with a crossbow in the back off his neck. We didn't have time to check if he was dead or alive because if we did, we would of had our ass's blown off! We grabbed the intelligence and ran to the exit. A scout tripped a mine and killed him and another scout. It was Rex, a scout, and me. We were cut off by a group of enemies so the scout threw a grenade. He unblocked our path so we ran towards the exit and out the doors. We hijacked a car and drove to the rendezvous point. "Damn," yelled Rex as he pointed out the tank up ahead. The scout had begun swerving to prevent any damage done from the tank. I smelled some smoke and I turned around only to find a leak in the gas tank. "Get the hell out of here before this shit blows sky high!" I jumped out but the scout was to late. "R.I.P. my friend." I picked up Rex and began running towards the rendezvous point. I saw the helicopter up ahead and yelled in joy. I had been too excited that I forgot about the tank. I heard a boom and I felt pain in my back. The explosion tore open my back. I kept running though. I got to the helicopter and they grabbed Rex first. I then started climbing the ladder trying to get up when it snapped. The dragonflies had held open fire against the helicopter and shot the ladder down. I could not hear anything, see anything, or feel my back. I was all bloody and sore from the injuries. A Jeep had picked me up and took me to base camp. The doctors said I had fallen into a coma when we had arrived but I had earned the Medal of Honor. When I woke up, I had a new spine and a suit on with the shiny, golden medal. I had been set free to go visit my family for a two week vacation. I was so happy. What happened to Rex was a miracle. He survived and he obtained new legs so he could walk again. He had also earned a Medal of Honor and a two week vacation. I had come home feeling like a hero and a true, honored fighter.