Dreamful Bliss

"Mom! He was in my dream again!" Aurora exclaimed, her tight black curls fell in front of her tired eyes. It was 5 o'clock am, she knew her mother awoke every morning at this time, she claimed for the morning to be a complete period of serenity. "You're up early, what happened this time?" Her mother was sitting on the sofa in the living room, putting her book down and taking Aurora into her arms.

Since Aurora turned 7 she's been telling her mom of her dreams, which consisted of a boy she was sure she was in love with. "This time we went to the park, and..." she dipped her head low to whisper "...we held hands." Her mother let out a theatrical gasp, "You held hands!?" Aurora's giggles filled the room, nodding her head as she leaned into her mothers neck, hiding her face.

"Mom, remember when you told me daddy was your soulmate?" Aurora asked quietly, peering her deep chocolate eyes up to her mothers face, "Yes" her mother said, looking towards the bedroom where the man she loved slept.

"I think that he's my soulmate, ma." she smiled, sleepily and began to close her eyes. Her mom wrapped her eyes around her, and rocker her daughter to sleep. Aurora lay asleep, with a faint smile on her face. Kissing her forehead, her mother carried her to her bedroom, tucking her in.

"Goodnight, my sweet. One day he'll no longer be in your dreams, but in your arms."