Chapter One

The rain drizzled down the window. I grabbed my phone and my wallet, stuffing them into my backpack. Zipping up my luggage, I sat on my bed staring at the window. Millions of thoughts swarmed in my mind. I gazed at my window to go through all the thoughts. What do I do now?

Where should I go? Am i sure that this is a good idea?

" Aura Lowe, time to go! Your flight leaves in an hour!"

Oops. I lost track of time while i was trying to organize my thoughts. I got my luggage and my back pack and made my way into the front door. Hestia, my flatmate and lifelong best friend, stands in front of me. In her hand was a jar of Nutella that she was slowly eating.

" What were you thinking, leaving this late? I'm sure that packing doesn't take two hours." Her face turned into a small frown.

" Sorry. Lost in my thoughts" I smiled. " I'm gonna miss you Hesty. Try not to finish my chocolate supplies and die from chocolate poisoning while I'm away, yeah?"

" Don't worry, I'll pig out on the candy then. Have fun!" She chuckled as she put her Nutella jar to the side.

We hugged and I closed the door, making my way to the street to hail a cab. Once i was outside, the fresh smell of rain greeted me. I was so busy thinking that I did not notice that the rain had stopped. A cab came and it drove me away to the airport.

I was traveling to New York. Apparently, according to my boss, I was under too much stress in the last month. Being a forensic scientist was exciting and stressful at the same time, but I enjoyed what I did. Gathering evidence, accusing suspects and analyzing dead bodies was just part of my daily routine.

My boss, treated me to a trip to New York. I tried hard to refuse, but he kept on insisting I needed a break. I finally gave in because I loved traveling and wanted to see the whole world.

A whole week in New York! The financial burden to pay for that was to big for me to handle, but my boss was just that loaded with cash. She has been crime-solving for ages now, and was starting to make a fortune.

The cab came to halt, and its screeching tires jolted me from my thoughts. I paid the driver, and made my way to the check in counter. Once that was taken care of, I decided to go to the waiting room since it was quiet. Noisy places were not my thing.

I settled down and made sure I was comfy before pulling out my laptop.  I then proceeded to read fanfiction. Yes, I was a fangirl. I was in most of the fandoms out there since I loved reading books, watching movies and TV shows. Some people may call me a 'Nerd', but I prefer to call myself  ' A person whose adventures are more of the literary nature',one way of putting it.

I read chapter after chapter as the time ticked by. I was lost in the world of Doctor Who by the time it dawned on me. I was running late! I realized this with a shock, and grabbed my belongings before I rushed to the gate, which was on the other side of the airport. Great. Luck was not on my side today.

I made it into the plane five minutes late, all sweaty and exhausted from the  unnecessary amount of exercise. Adding to the fact that I like to stay at my flat, I rarely did any exercise. The only exercise I needed did was for my jaw muscles (to chew food) and my eyelids (from crying my eyes out). 

I plopped into my seat with a huff.  If I have to willingly run like this again, it will be to escape from a large group of zombies or from Daleks. Finally finding the right position again, I was starting to get tired.

" Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome aboard. We are about to take off. Please fasten your seat belts, stow away your tray table, and open your blinds. The life jackets are found under your seats. To wear a life jacket, fasten the two straps together. To inflate it....."

I started feeling drowsy. My eyelids started to close as I hear the flight attendant speaking. I found myself dazing off and slowly slipping into unconsciousness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the soft hum of the plane's engine. As I opened my eyes, I noticed that my head was tilted to the side. Something warm and soft was under my head. Above my head was something a little harder.  Am I Trapped in some sort of weird machine thingy where they electrocute you or see into your brains? Suddenly, the 'thing' moved in a steady pace. Then I realized.

The 'thing' was not a Something. It was a Someone!

I jolted back, and that someone woke up in surprised. Apparently that person was a guy. He gasped and looked at me with wide eyes and afterwards, a smile. 

"Oops. Sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen" He rubbed his neck and his ear turned a shade of pink.

" That's alright. It was partly my fault too. I shouldn't have slept." I returned his smile with a sheepish grin.

" By the way, your head is soft. Thanks for the natural pillow.It would be kind of awkward if i were to sleep on my own shoulder. Have you tried to do it? I did once. My neck was officially detached" He grinned at me.

My cheeks turned red. The reason I avoided social situations was to avoid awkward situations and embarrassment. Fictional worlds give me more comfort than reality. 

He did not talk to me for the rest of the flight, seeing that I wanted to be alone for a moment. After a few moments though, I fell asleep on his shoulder again, feeling tired. He did not push my head off, but instead, kept it there as he pushed a pillow under my neck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello wattpaders! Thanks for actually clicking this and reading the story. Hope you like it! This is my first story, so please tolerate if I did anything wrong. Comment on the story on what to improve, whats already good or anything. Thanks :)