Chapter 1: Packed

This is the very first chapter of the sequel to My Twitter Bestfriend. If you haven't read that one first, I suggest you do so you'll understand this story better :)

Enjoy!  ---

As I walked through our house, I saw nothing but boxes. Why does it have to end like this? Why couldn't we all just stick together? I walked to my room for the last time, everything was packed and ready to go. Boy, I was going to miss this place like hell. 10 years I've been here. 9 good, amazing years. That last year? I wish it never happened.

I walked upstairs, to the attic. I grabbed a stool out of a box and looked outside the window. My god, the view was still as beautiful as ever. A giant lake with woods spread behind our house like a massive garden. I still can't believe I need to leave that behind. Oh the memories of jumping in the lake in the summer or making treehouses in the woods like Aaron taught me. As I stepped off the stool after a few minutes, something caught my eye. I looked into the box and saw a notebook. I had never seen it before, nor ever heard someone talk about it. No name was written on it. Should I read it? But what if I'm not allowed to? And at that moment, I heard a voice say: "Honey, come say goodbye to Thomas!"

I ran down the stairs, almost tripping and made it downstairs (barely) alive.

"Why do you have to leave in times like these? You know how hard this all is for me"

"I'm sorry, I really wish I could stay, but I didn't have a choice"

"Of course you had! You could have picked family above filming, but no, we are clearly not important enough to you"

"Guys.." I whispered. They both turned around immediately.

"That took you bloody long!" Thomas said and laughed. I smiled and walked towards him, hugging him tightly, maybe for the last time if I should believe mom.

"I'm gonna miss you" I said to him.

"I'm gonna miss you too" he said back and sighed.

"It's time to go Thomas" she said harshly.

"Be strong for your mother okay, she is going to need you now more than ever" Thomas said and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Don't worry, I got her" I said and smiled. It's not like I have been doing that for a year.

"Alright. Love you guys, see you next time" he said and walked out of the door.

As soon as we heard the door shut, I said "Seriously? He has done so much for you but no, all you care about is your own happiness. Why can't you see that"

"Honey, you don't know everything that happened"

"All those nights that you were argueing, believe me, I know" I angrily said and walked back to the attic, grabbed the notebook and went back to my room to read it.

I got comfy in the corner and opened it.

"Dear Mia..."

--------

Summer 2015

I still can't believe it. She really is gone. I didn't go with her to the airport, to see her off. I think it is better I didn't, because I would fall for her even harder than I already have. That last night, where she had told me to find someone else and forget about her, keeps replaying in my head. After Lily came outside to my car and kissed me, we had spent the night just talking and cuddling and having fun, it sure was a good night. The one thing that hurt the most about that night, is that that was the night we really were over. To make it even worse, we didn't fight when she said those words, we just both accepted it and separated still loving eachother. As I left her place the following day, I realized that I shouldn't have accepted it, that I should have fought for her, to at least try to make it work. Maybe it was better like this. This way, we couldn't hurt each other anymore like we used to.

--------

Spring 2017

"It took me quite a while to get over him, and I still deeply miss him every day. I guess you'll never get over your first true love. As much as I wanted to say I didn't need him anymore, I just couldn't. And at this point, I'm afraid I'll never will. But I have to. I have to be strong and keep on going out and meeting new people just to forget my past and start somewhere new" I wrote. I put down my pen and closed my notebook. I looked at my watch and saw that I was late, again!

I rushed into more comfortable clothes, instead of my clothes from the office. I opened the door and was greeted with the hot, humid air. Africa, I sure love the weather. I walked through the small village and was greeted by all the inhabitants. For my social studies project I went to this village to help them develop, starting with building schools and provide everyone with water and food. In the summer of 2016 I was so much loved by the people that I was put on the council. We would discuss all the new developments and find a solution to problems. These meetings were held twice a week and the rest of the time I was at the office working on getting money to make these plans come true or working out solutions to local problems. It was a difficult job but with the help from people all around the world and the citizens support made it fun to do.

As I ran to the old jeep, I saw my friend Jelani, who also lives in the village, signalling me to hurry.

"Still getting used to the timezone?" he said and laughed. I hugged him and thanked him for waiting on me.

"Sorry J, I was writing and forgot the time"

"It better not be about Jack anymore" he said and looked at me. I looked back at him and I swear he knows me too well.

"How many times have I told you to forget about him Lily! I know you still love the guy but you ended it, it's time you really let him go" he said to me. I just looked at the landscape, which never failed to amuse me. I hear Jelani going on about how I need to forget about him, and move on.

"I can't"