Walking on Sunshine: A comedy

This is a novelization of a series of comics I've been writing. Im not completely sure how it will measure up. My friends from school think its pretty funny, although hard to read. I hope you enjoy this, the first chapter of Walking on Sunshine. By Todd Slaughter.

                                     Chapter 1: Man-Eating Flowers and Voices in my Head

________________________________________________________________________________

            Darkness... is everywhere. "Where am I?", I think, "Why can't I see?" Suddenly, I remember to open your eyes. I see I am in a sunny, grassy field. To my righ,t I see flowers of all kinds and colors and a bright, shining sun. I smile, I'm in a happy place. But looking to my left, I see a vivid red sky. Silhouetted against it is an rocky mountain surrounded by fire and... tentacles? I wonder which way to go. For about 2 seconds.

          I begin walking towards the flowers wondering how to get home... what is home? I stop, suddenly realizing I remember nothing of my past life. I try to remember a name, but every time I think I've got it, it slips through my fingers like a grain of sand in the wind. I decide to add my worries to the apparent long list of things you have forgotten. As I walk I whistle a strange tune I don't know the words too.

          "You shouldn't go that way."

           I stop. "Where did that come from?", I wonder. "Hello?", I ask.

          "HI!", says a voice that seems to be in my very mind. "I said not to go that way, it's not a pleasant place at all."

          I decide to do the smartest and cleverest thing I can think of. Panic. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", I scream, and run towards the safety of the field of flowers. "Get out of my head!"

         "Wait! Don't-!", the mysterious voice exclaims.

         I ignored the voice and ran. But I stopped short as I noticed a shadow on the ground. I look up to a ten foot tall flower that had not been there before. I stare openmouthed at it. In its center, a line forms, then widens. It gets wider and wider as I watch it, finally forming a... smile. Then its, er... lips, begin to spread to reveal row upon row of teeth sharper than a sharks. "Ooooohhh, shi-"

         I never finish my sentence. The last thing I hear, is the mysteriuos voice.

         "I told you so."