1.

"Alex, hurry up. Your plane to California leaves soon." My dad's voice rang out from the bottom of the stairs.

Ben Affleck; my dad, an actor, and the dude who knocked up JLo, my mom. It happened when they were dating in the 90's. '92 rolled around and I popped out. After that things were pretty calm, my parents weren't together, but I spent time with both of them. You'd expect everything to cool down.

No.

Two things came of the year I turned nine, a new dog and a new sister. I guess the getting a dog was to deal with the fact I was gonna have a little sister- correction, half sister. But there was no difference when it came to us. So when October came, so did Rowan.

Her mom, and our dad ended up staying together for the long haul. They got married when I was twelve and Rowan was three. But anyways, that's not the point.

I'm supposed to be flying to L.A. to go see Rowan and my mom. Rowan couldn't be home in New York for Christmas, so our parents are sending me to go take care of her. After all, who'd let their kid spend Christmas completely alone.

I grabbed my backpack, and suitcase and rushed down the stairs. Yeah, I may or may not have tripped on a couple of them.

"Bye Liz, Dad!" I said, enveloping my parents in a hug. Liz was shorter than me, and so was my dad.

"We wired about a two thousand dollars into your account for presents for you two. That should cover food and stuff too. Your mom knows that you two are staying with her, and she'll be there with Rowan picking you up at LAX." Dad said, reaching up to mess with my hair.

"Alright then, Merry Christmas. We'll FaceTime you whenever we can." I said, getting into the Uber I called.

*

About 7 hours later, I landed in sunny Los Angeles.

"Alex!" Rowan yelled out, jumping on me and giving me a bone crushing hug.

"Hey Nugget, what's up?" I say, letting go of my suitcase to wrap my arms around her.

"I missed you so much," Rowan said, dropping down and letting me go hug my mom.

"Hey Mom," I said, enveloping her in a huge hug.

"I missed you mijo, you're all grown up now." She said, taking the time to pinch my cheeks, which didn't really surprise me.

Emme and Max weren't there, so they were probably with their dad, Marc Anthony.

"O-okay, Ale, Rowan has to get back to Disney to film some Christmas thing, you're going with her. Te amo mijo." Mom said, handing me the keys to my Jeep.

"C'mon Rowboat." I said, walking out to the parking area with my suitcase and backpack.

*

"Alex, you remember Sabrina and her sister?" Rowan asks, as I nod hugging both girls.

Right then, I saw probably the most beautiful girl ever.

"Whoa," I whispered, nudging Rowan. "Who's that girl?"

"That's Tori Kelly, she's not like a Disney person, but she's here performing a couple songs." She said, before noticing the way I was looking at her. "Wipe the drool off your chin and go talk to her."

Rowan pushed me in Tori's direction and I tripped on my feet. For an NBA player, I was pretty clumsy. People thought I was gonna be the next Steph Curry.

"Uh, h-hi." I said, making a complete idiot of myself.

"Hey," She said, flashing a huge smile.

Damn. Her smile is beautiful.

"Thanks," She said, smiling bigger.

"I'm Alex, well my full name is Alejandro Lopez-Affleck." I say, grinning like an idiot.

"I know, you're a really good basketball player." She said, making me blush hard. Really hard.

"T-thanks you-" I started, before getting cut off by Rowan.

"Hey Alex, we've gotta go." She said, before seeing us. "Is this not a good time?"

"Nah, it's good Row, Tori I'd love to see you again. I'll see you around?" I said,

"Yeah, I'll see you around Alex." She said, looking up at me and smiling.