Burden

The next day wasn't any better than the last. Dianna and her friends wrote, "KLUTZ, UGLY, WORTHLESS, AND A BURDEN," on her locker, but Sophie washed it off before anyone saw it. She was about to go to Mr. Kay class when Dianna and her friends jumped her. Dianna punched Sophie in the face and the rest of girls kicked her in the side and the stomach. Then, Dianna just looked at her and said, "This is for humiliating me in front of the whole school." She said and kick her in the stomach again.
"You are worthless. Do you honestly think anyone would know you if you weren't related to the most popular kids in school. Do you think anyone would care if you disappear right now. They only put up with you because your family is dead and..." Dianna said but was interrupted by one of her friends," Dianna that is enough."
"No. She need to hear the truth because no else will tell her," she said to her friend and continue still looking down at Sophie,
"You are a burden on that family. You are a constant reminder of their lost and why didn't you die with the rest of your family, why do you get to live huh? You are nothing, a nobody. You are nothing but a burden." Dianna finally finished.
"Dianna you went to far. You are such bitch." One of her friends said and the rest agreed and left.
Sophie got up and ran to the bathroom and for the first time in a long time in a while she cried.
Sophie was about to ditch school when Dylan saw her, " What happened to you?" Dylan said while touching the bruise that was starting to form. Then that worry turn to anger, " who did this to you? Tell me Sophie."
"No one, Dylan. I tripped and fell down the stairs." Sophie tried her best to lie and going he couldn't tell.
"You fell down the stairs? Well, can I walk you to the nurse?" Dylan asked.
"No, I'm fine. I actually just came from there. My aunt is waiting for me outside. Bye Dylan." Sophie said and walked away but Dylan stop her and looked her in the eyes and said, " Sophie I don't know what is going on with you but you can always talk to me because I care about you." Tears were forming in her eye but ran away before Dylan saw.