NATE

And then she just gave up. With a tear rolling down her cheek she uttered the words "i can't do this any more".

my world suddenly came crashing down the moment i heard her say those words. everything played back in my memory, the way i have been treating her, all the times we were together.

i wanted to stop her from leaving but it was too late. no words came out of my mouth as i watched her walk out the door.

"beep! beep! beep!" i open my eyes still recalling the dream that i had. it's been a month since stella left me yet the pain never seems to fade. i turn my alarm clock off then start to get ready for school.

i'm nate, a 2nd year college student of westbrook university,business major. stella is my former girlfriend, we were together since 2nd yr highschool but somehow things didn't quite work out. i still love her and im determined to get her back.

"nate! hi!" i turn around to see cheska walking towards me.  

"hey cheska." 

"are you okay? you seem to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed" cheska is my cousin and she's also friends with stella.  

"sorry, just had the same dream again."  

"oh nate. im really sorry. things happen for a reason it might not be clear to you now but it soon will. okay?"

we walk to school together, since my house is just 20 mins away i prefer walking. we were both silent as we arrived. "see you later nate!" i wave good bye to cheska and walk to class.

as i was nearing my classroom i saw stella at her locker. i want to talk to her but i dont know what to say. i promised not to hurt her but i broke that promise. now all i can do is watch her from a far, for now.

"dude! did you see stella? she was standing at her locker for quite a while. maybe she was waiting for you"  

"shut up blake! i dont think she wants to talk to me"

"i know your hurt dude but dont you think that maybe stella wanted you to stop her from leaving you? i mean, you just stood there and didnt do anything as she walked away." i took my seat and just stared at the window.

i didnt bother answering blake, somewhere inside me knows that for some reason he's right i just didnt want to acknowledge it right now. blake is one of my best friends, we knew each other since we were kids. our parents are bussiness partners and close family friends.

my first 3 classes were already done just one more this afternoon. it was already lunch time, blake was outside waiting for me.  

"where we eating today dude? im starved" i roll my eyes and walk past him. 

"pizza hut dude." i say to him without looking back.

"good day sir. may i take your orders?" then lady smiles and i notice that she's shaking. 

"well have pepperoni pizza, lasagna and 2 coke's."  

"anything else sir?" her eyes never leave me and when i smile at she blushes. 

"nope. that would be all."

"dude, she was totally into you. haha." blake was pointing out the obvious.  

"then maybe you should try getting her number, if you can. haha" i say to him 

"then why dont you show me how" and with that i accept his challenge.

"one pepperoni pizza, lasagna and 2 coke's. if you need anything else just call me?" i looked at her name tag.  

"okay. but how can i call you if i dont have your digits?" my eyes never leave her sight, by the time i getbthe bill i'll alreadybhave her number.  

"a pretty girl like you definitely deserve a night out after a hard days work." she just smiles, gives me a sligt nod and walk back to the counter.

"you and your way with words. haha." blake says while laughing at me, "too bad she didn't give them to you"  

"just wait and see blake. wait and see." i say to him with a grin.

"here's your bill sir" while smiling at me. i took the bill and a peice of paper with her number writen on it immediately got my attention. we paid for our meal and left.

"hey blake!" i say to him and hand him the peice of paper. 

"no way dude. how did you?" i look at his expression only to find him amused. 

"told ya. haha. i can get any girl's number if i wanted." the grin on my face disappears the moment i see stella standing before me.

"you really never change" i can see the disappointment in her eyes.  

"stella, wait!" i hold her hand but she shoves me away. 

"forget it nate." she leaves me standing there looking at her as she walks away.

"you okay?" blake says as he taps me on the shoulder. 

"i think i messed it up again before i even got to fix it" i remain staring at the direction where stella left. i cant believe it, i messed things up again.

we were already back at school but stella was still on my mind. i decided to call cheska maybe she knows where stella is but as i take out my phone i see that she's already texted me.

"stella wants to talk to you. told her where u are." i feel so dumb not reading the message earlier. i read the second text "at stella's. what did you do this time?!?!"

"i blew it. big time."