Chapter 1

The wind blew viciously as I pulled up in front of the cabin, making the fallen leaves swirl and whip around in all directions. I hurriedly switched off the engine and grabbed my school bag from the front seat. I cussed in frustration as a few leaves smacked me in the face and ran up the cabin stairs. I hate autumn. The forest is practically covered in fallen leaves and everything looks lifeless.

The force of the wind shut the cabin door behind me, making the old windows rattle loudly. I sighed heavily, dropping my bag and coat on the couch. My stomach churned uncomfortably and I started to feel weary. Recently, I've spotted changes around the cabin, as if someone was here while I was at school and kept moving things around. I closed my eyes, taking deep breathes and massaging my temples.

I'm probably just stressed and my mind is playing tricks on me.

I switched on my kettle, making a piping hot cup of chai tea. As I stirred my tea, I glanced out the window. The sun was starting to set and the shadow of the trees appeared on the glistening black lake. I quickly sat down and slowly sipped the tea, savouring the flavour . This is one of my favourite things to do. And I would always eventually fall asleep on the couch.

*Dream*

I was running through the woods, dodging trees and skipping over rocks, not once looking behind me. I spotted a cave, high up in the mountain surrounded by shrubs and white pebbles. I don't know who or what I was running from, but going to that cave for safety seemed like the best option.

By the time I reached the mouth of the cave it was already dark and the stars were scattered across the sky charmingly, making me feel as if I was in an enchanted universe. I stared down into valley from above and the black lake seemed eerie and almost mocked me to jump inside.

But then, I looked closer. And realised who I was running from. A wolf. A pure white wolf with striking electric blue eyes. I was running from myself.

*End of dream*

A scratching sound at the door woke me up. I yawned sleepily and rubbed my eyes, then slowly got up and made my way to the door. I looked through the peephole but nobody was there.

Strange .

I unlocked the door and opened it, stepping out onto the porch.

"Hello? Anyone here?" I asked as I scanned the woods.

No answer. I looked at the door and nearly jumped out of my skin. The scratches were deep and long.

"What the hell?" I murmured as my fingers traced over it. Well obviously this wasn't a person but a wild animal that had done this.

A shiver ran down my spine. What would have happened if this creature had gotten into the cabin?

I shook my head and scanned the forest again, making sure I was completely alone. But something tells me I was extremely wrong.

"This is the last thing I need right now," I muttered anxiously as I locked the door.

I checked the time on my phone and it read 22:07. I sighed tiredly and decided to have a quick shower then make myself a snack to eat while I did my homework.

By 24:00 I was done with homework and managed to squeeze in some study time for the history test I have tomorrow. I yawned and collapsed on my bed, but before I could completely black out into darkness, the bright blue electric eyes of the wolf I saw in my dream emerged and gawked at me as if it knew something I didn't. Something that I never knew existed in my wildest dreams.