One

(Thursday April 26th, 2012)
I sat in the shade of that tree in my front yard, playing with my turtles Arthur and Tuck in their grey, empty artificial pond bin. They chopped on the lettuce from below the surface, skimming the top with their pointed noses. I dropped more lettuce into the bin before getting up, ready to go inside and read.
"Niyah!" Shouted a man from outside my metal fence. I looked up.
"Hi, Travis!"
He came through the gate, sliding it on its wheels to the right, and back left to close it behind him. He engulfed me in his arms for a hug. "How are you? I can't believe your ten years old, it's been awhile." asked Travis.
"Yea. Good, I guess. How about you..?" I replied.
"Oh, I'm fine. Where's your Charla?"
I looked back into the house, and called my mother to the doorway where I was. "Mom?!"
"Yea?!"
"Travis is here!"
She came around the corner of our small house with a smile on her face, but there was a glossy hidden meaning in her eyes. She didn't like Travis, I remember when they broke up. We'd lived at a different house; he'd been standing in front of the screen door crying for her to take him back, for what seemed to be hours. When she wasn't listening, he'd hurriedly whisper for me to open the door for him or I'd get in trouble. But I knew better; that door was locked, and locked it would stay. As she came closer, he extended his arms to a hug. She accepted. "Come in," she offered, and into our home he came.

-----------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I'm new at this. Pretty sure nobody cares. If I get 1 like/vote/whatever you guys do, I'll write the next chapter. All of this is true, there is no false information whatsoever. The biggest lie you'll get is if I say it's winter but it's technically still fall or something. I really hope somebody cares/enjoys! This story isn't in order, but lots of it ties together. Thank you so much! If you've read this far, comment "gnochi".

P.S. Feel free to comment anytime!!! pls!