Holiday

Preface

Holiday- A paranormal horror.

“ Would you like too tell me what happened?” Mr Cole said, my therapist. He was young and attractive and I felt like all the trust in the world could depend on him.  He sat there, drinking his Starbucks Latte and fiddling with his yellow pencil. He had black hair and beautiful green eyes.

“ It was the twenty seventh..”

“ Of what?”

“ February. I remember it because there was a hurricane somewhere in the country and it was on the news. We couldn’t get a plane too Hawaii, so we stopped at my best friends Ski Resort instead.” I said, the memories flooding back like a tidal wave.

“ And what happened at that resort?”

“ It was the day where my life ended.”

“ That’s not good enough! Dammit Kacey!” He looked at me with those green eyes I could just melt into.

“ Well, I’m sorry.” I said and got up off the chair.

“ I think that’s it for today,” He said, finishing his coffee and putting it into the metal swing bin.  I looked at him and nodded, before he could say anything else, I headed too my apartment in Manhattan. The streets were always busy, but there was no way I could live in a quiet place, not now, not ever.

I walked into my building and picked up the mail, most of them were bills from the therapy sessions, one of them was a letter.

Kacey, I’m watching you.

I closed my eyes and opened up the door, leaving the letter outside. I went into my empty studio apartment. Every wall was painted white and every appliance was white and my bed sheets were white, the couch was white, the T.V was white, the microwave: white. I always keep the windows and doors bolted and locked and every door in the apartment has a key. I sat down on the couch looking into the empty television screen and was startled by the knocking on the door.

“ Coming!” I shouted as I unlocked the living room door with the key and locked it again as I went out too get too the front door.

I opened the door, it was Jake- Mr Cole. He looked me in the eyes and kissed me, a strange kiss.

“ Kacey! Help! Get out of here and take Lola with you,  just run, don’t look away. “

“ Lola run, I’ve got too help your mama now. She loves you.”

The voices of the past hunched my brains. As our kiss broke, he looked at me with a unknown look.

“ Your eyes are strange. They are full of ghosts, I can see.” He said.

“ I heard them, the voices of the past.”

“ I know.”

“ How do you know?”

“ I was there.”

“ What?”

“ At the ski resort. I was there.” He said, this time I saw a glimmer of something in his eye which I detested.

“ No you weren’t.”

“ I was. Your friend, Lola, she was quite dishy.”

“ She was five goddamn years old, you fucking son of a bitch!” I said and kicked him into the door. He caught his back on the door peg and bled, he looked at me with an evil glare.

“ She was my boyfriend’s daughter! I loved her like my daughter. You were there?”

“ I’m watching you Kacey, your in for it now. And your stupid step daughter and your friends. Your boyfriend surely will be saved for last. You can do him yourself. But I’m sure you already have.”

“ I was there, watching you from the beginning. And Sofia, she had such a lovely bite too her. And the blood all around her face, made me feel even better, a cleaner kill. What a lovely way too end the gory flesh eating day.” He said, getting up from the door.   I kicked him with my heel, he fell too the floor in agony.

“ Tell me everything that happened, I need too know what you did.”