Chapter 7

Copyright © 2015 Donavyn H.

Recap

As you know previously, Vinnie and I were walking downstairs towards the dining room where I heard mama Lana calling us. Vinnie was leading the way cause of his so called "growing boy" privileges he talks about which gets on my nerves. I stopped growing a long time ago and he always likes to laugh at me about it. Well he did until I broke his arm one time. I ran into a very large and brick hard back; too busy thinking to notice Vinnie stopped walking.

"What is he doing here?!" Vinnie asks but no one answers.

I'm still behind his gigantic, broad body and I can't see anything at all so I get curious. It was hard because Vinnie was basically blocking the doorway, but I managed to get my head around him to search the dining room for the "he" he was talking about.

The "he" Vinnie was talking about was sitting in the chair close to mama Lana with papa Ron on her left. The dining table is a large rectangular, expensive light grey marble cut with comfortable white plush chairs from a store called Deca Nova in Poland. I know that because mama Lana and I ordered it together without papa Ron knowing, which got us into a little trouble after he found out. The table sits eight people and there's five of us sitting here tonight I guess, so there would be three empty chairs. Vinnie and I sit across from his parents with him on my right, also the "he" was on my left sitting at the end of the table.

Once we were all situated, I glance around the table to see mama Lana with a huge grin on her face ignoring her food. Papa Ron practically had his face in buried in his food, while Vinnie was probably killing molecules with his death glare. I'm hella confused right now, but I know for sure something was going on here.

>>>>

"Vinnie... um... you okay?" I asked looking at his facial expression. Vinnie rarely let's anybody waver his mood this much.

Silence is all I hear from the overgrown boy sitting by my right side. I glance towards everyone else at the table to see that they haven't changed their various actions at all.

"Who are you?"

My head turns over to the deep voice that asked the question, which belonged to the unknown person sitting next to me.

"Who are you?" I counter back.

"My name is Dante, and you are?"

"Jadah."

"What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl?"

"Stop right there. I am not interested at all you cliché mother-."

"Filter," mama Lana interrupts my rant, "remember the filter."

I look at the woman who smiles sweetly at me, reminding me not to do something she has told me not to do many times before. The warm feeling of embarrassment creeps up my neck towards my cheekbones, an emotion I rarely feel.

"My bad mama Lana" sipping my drink to distract my mind for a while. The silence at the table was plenty awkward, but thankfully mama Lana saves us.

"So... how was your day you two? " she asks while looking at Vinnie and I.

"......," Vinnie informs everyone.

Shaking my head at the so called grown man next to me I answer her question. "Well, it started with him giving me a piggy back ride to our first class. He got tired halfway papa Ron. What a shame."

"That is a shame my son. We need to get you into the gym more often."

"It's time for me to take out the big guns," I say to everyone while flexing my arms.