7. Yes

I look at her in surprise. I thought it was just me. She's finished talking, and she's looking at me for a reply but I'm at a loss for words. I wipe my hands under my eyes and realise that I've been crying... I have no idea what to do... Natalie has just admitted to me that she's in love with me and I feel like one wrong move and I could screw our friendship up, but I need to tell her how I feel...

I'm shaking as I reply, "It's not just you. I'm not great with words, and I definitely wouldn't have had the courage to tell you like you told me, but I hope that this is enough. I'm not very open about relationships, because I've never really had a proper one. When I like someone, I tend to try and ignore it, until it goes away but with you I couldn't. Not with you. The truth is that when you came out as pansexual, I didn't know what to do... You had come to terms with your sexuality at a time that I couldn't and it scared me... It scared me so much that I tried to ignore my sexuality... But then you changed... You seemed so happy, and so gradually, I started to come to terms with who I really was. You inspired me at a time when nothing else did, and you helped me through so much stuff, whether you were there or just in my head encouraging me... I don't know if you remember, but when we went to see that movie, you said something... You said that your mum had implied that we were going on a date, and that you had told her that it wouldn't happen because I was really straight. That was when I knew that I had to come out, because slowly but steadily, I was falling in love with you too... Every time you looked at me, it was like one thousand butterflies were flying around in my stomach, and if I'm being honest, it scared the crap out of me, because I had never felt like that before (clique, I know)... But I thought I was kidding myself. Just because you liked girls, didn't mean that you would like me. So I told you that I was bisexual... While we were standing outside in the freezing rain after a fire bell, I told you the most personal thing that I have ever told anyone in my entire life, and it felt so amazing... I hadn't planned it, I just couldn't wait any longer, I had to tell you, and so we got closer... So much closer that I spend hours just imagining how we would act if we were in a relationship, and that's when it hit me, that I was completely, utterly and totally in love with you too."

We just sit there, taking in what we have both just confessed too, and not knowing really what to do... Because now we both know, and I'm not going to be in school for a while, so I'm not sure what will happen, but all I know is that I love you, and I just hope that that is enough for the both of us... So yes, I will be your girlfriend.