From The Author

Writing is really arduous. What's even more arduous is mustering up the courage to start. 

Most authors write stories with an overall theme and a handful of characters that seem to be living at the same time. Those are the authors who create the sweetest stories, which most readers enjoy. Then there are authors who delve so deep into the world of writing, where each character has their own story within the overall plot, where everyone and everything contributes to making it a classic. Those are the authors who create life. 

Personally, I suck at writing. I've always been a weak writer, but I also have hope for myself; because, in a world full of misery and doubt, all you can do is hope. So, as I muster up the courage to share a bit of my walnut-sized brain of limited creativity with you, I hope you will also be inspired to hope and to do that one thing you've always wanted to try. It doesn't hurt to try.

***

This is a short story about the harsh living conditions of a family in Cambodia during a war. They learn about survival in the darkest of times, with only the support of each other. 

I originally wrote this story around 2014 for a school assignment and decided to publish it on Wattpad some 4 years later. It is currently 2021 and I wanted to come back and edit some of the work, so here we are with the final product. All events and characters in this story are completely fictitious, any relation to a precedent or person is purely coincidental. The attempt to plagiarize or reproduce this work and its content will result in legal action. All Rights Reserved. 

I appreciate any constructive criticism. Please vote and comment as much as you'd like. 

I Love You. 

ps. I wrote another book some time ago, so check that out too :)