Chapter 4

A/N: Above is how Percie looks now⤴️

Agent Coulson stands outside of project PEGASUS, watching the helicopter land infront of him. once it does, Nick Fury and Agent Maria Hill step out. "How bad is it?" Asks Fury. "That's the problem, sir. We don't know." Coulson responds. "Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract four hours ago."

"NASA didn't authorize Selvig to test phase." Fury tells Coulson. "He wasn't testing it, he wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous advancement." Coulson tells him."It just turned itself on?" Asks Agent Hill. "What are the energy levels now?" Asks Fury. "Climbing," replied Phil. "When Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered the evac." He tells them. "Does Director Jackson know about this?" Fury asks. "No sir." "Good, keep it that way." "Yes sir."

"Now, how long to get everyone out?" Asks Fury. "Campus should be clear in the next half hour." Came Phil's reply. "Do better." States Fury. (a/n: my chorus teachers and Nick Fury's words of wisdom: 'Do Better') is They arrive where the Tesseract is being held and as Agent Hill is tip tapping away on her tablet, she says: "Sir, evacuation may be futile."

"We should tell them to go back to sleep?" He asks. Hill roles her eyes. "If we can't control the Tesseract's energy then there may not me a minimum safe distance." She explains. "Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on. Clear out the tech below. Every piece of PHASE 2 on a truck and gone." He orders her. "Yes sir." She turns to the group of agents behind her. "With me." She tells them before walking away.

Fury then enters the room where the Tesseract is being held. "talk to me, Doctor." he tells Selvig. Dr. Selvig then emerges from behind the CMS machine with concern in his eyes. "Director," he replies. "Is there anything we know for certain?"Fury asks him. "The Tesseract is misbehaving." Came the reply. "Is that supposed to be funny?" Asks Fury. "No, it's not funny at all. The Tesseract is not only alive she's... misbehaving."

"How soon can you pull the plug?" Asks Fury. "She's an energy source. If we turn off the power, she turns it back on. If she reaches peak level..." Fury nodded. "We've prepared for this Doctor. Harnessing energy from space." He tells him. "We don't have the harness," Selvig tries to explain. "Our calculations are far from complete. Now she's throwing off interference, radiation. Nothing harmful, low levels of gamma radiation."

"That can be harmful. Where's Barton?" Asks Fury. "The Hawk?" Asks Selvig. "He's in his nest, as usual." He tells him. "Agent Barton, report." Fury says into his earpiece. Barton Repels down from the Catwalk and approaches Fury. "I gave you this detail so you could keep a close eye on things." Fury tells him. "Well, I see better from a distance." He explains to Fury. "Are you seeing anything that might have set it off?" Fury demands.

"Doctor,"says one of the NASA scientists to Dr. Selvig. "It's spiking again." "No ones come or gone. It's oven clean. No contacts, no I.M.'s.(a/n: not Iris Messages) If there was any tampering, sir, it wasn't at this end." Barton tells Fury. "At this end?" Fury asks. "Yeah, the cube is a doorway to the other end right? The doors open from both sides." Barton explains. Suddenly- the Tesseract thunders and shakes the entire facility. Big enough where both Agent Hill and Agent Coulson could feel it at their different ends of the facility.

The flaring rings and glow of the cube spout out brighter and louder, like a boiling pot of water. The Tesseract's energy builds up into a BEAM much like the Bifrost Bridge, which hits at the end of a platform that is wired to the CMS device. The great maelstrom beam fires the Tesseract energy. The beam then forms a vortex, which then opens up a portal.

Then... heavy breathing is heard from the platform. SHIELD guards slowly approach, weapons in hands. A figure is kneeling on the platform, smoke coming off it. The figure is dressed in Asgaurdian attire and smiles in a mischievous manner as he raises his head. The smile dies down. He looks deep into the eyes of Fury, Barton and Selvig. He stands up, holding a scepter.

"Sir, please put down the spear!" Fury shouts at the figure. The figure looks at his spear then suddenly points it at where Fury and Barton are standing and shoots out a blue exploding burst of energy towards them. Barton tackles Fury and they both barely miss the fired shot.

That's when all hell breaks loose. Machine gun fire is shot at the mysterious figure, but the bullets bounce off him like a boss. The figure jumps high from the platform and attacks those firing at him. In the blink of an eye, the figure takes down several guards with his knives and energy blasts from the scepter. He stops and waits to see who will attack him next. Barton tries to stand up. Loki quickly walks towards him. Barton raises his gun, but the figure grabs Barton's hand.

"You have heart." The figure says. The figure points the head of his spear at Barton's heart. Barton's eyes suddenly glow a bright blue. The ability to control Barton's mind is now in the figures hand. Barton puts his gun away and stands straight As the figure is busy using his abilities to control the minds of several S.H.I.E.L.D. personnel, Fury takes the Tesseract, placing it back into its case and tries to leave the lab, but is stopped when Loki says: "Please don't. I still need that."

Fury turns towards Loki. "This doesn't have to get any messier." he tells him. "Of course it does. I've come too far for anything else. I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose." Loki tells him. "Loki? Brother of Thor?" asks Selvig. "We have no quarrel with your people." says Fury. "An ant has no quarrel with a boot." came Loki's smart ass response. "You planning to step on us?" Fury asks him.

Loki smiles a mischievous smile. "I come with glad tidings, of a world made free." he responds. "Free from what?" Fury asks. "Freedom," replied Loki. "Freedom is life's great lie. Once you accept that, in your heart...You will know peace." Loki then turns to Dr. Selvig and places his spear against Selvig's heart. Selvig's eyes glow the same neon blue that Bartons did.

"You say peace, I kind of think you mean the other thing." Fury says, trying to stall Loki. "Sir, Director Fury is stalling. This place is about to blow. Drop a hundred feet of rock on us. He means to bury us." Agent Barton tells Loki. "Like The Pharaohs of Odin." Fury replied in a smart ass tone. " He's right. The portal is collapsing in on itself. You got maybe two minutes before this goes critical."  Selvig explains to Loki. "Well, then..." Loki says, looking at Barton, who doesn't even hesitate to shoot Fury, who then falls to the ground.

Barton grabs the case containing the Tesseract and leaves the lab with Loki, Selvig and the other S.H.I.E.L.D personnel Loki is controlling and make their way to the vehicles parked outside.  Agent Hill looks suspiciously at them as they get into the truck and turns to leave, as she's walking away she hears Director Fury's voice through the walkie talkie on her waist: "Hill, do you copy?!" Loki and Barton sharply look at Agent Hill. Back at the lab, Fury is sits up, pulling out the bullet, breathing heavily. "Barton is compromised. I repeat, Barton is compromised"

Instantly, Hill turns to shoot at Barton, but Barton is already pointing his gun at her and starts shooting, he then jumps into the driver's seat of the truck and drives off as Hill keeps shooting. "He's got the Tesseract! Track it down!" Hill instantly jumps into the nearest jeep and drives off, attempting to stop Loki and Barton.

She is almost to the end of the tunnel when the  Tesseract's energy cloud now shrinks into a small ball of white light and implodes. The tunnel begins to collapse and Hill is at the very edge of the tunnel when it collapses onto the back of her jeep too.

"Director? Director Fury, do you copy?" Coulson asks through his walkie. "The Tesseract is with the hostile force. I have men down. Hill?" Agent Hill climbs out her Jeep, which is sandwiched in, but luckily, not on her. "A lot of men still under, don't know how many survivors."Sound the general call," Replies Fury. "I want every living soul not working looking for that brief case."Roger that." Replied Hill. "Coulson, get back to base. This is a LEVEL SEVEN. As of right now, we are at war..."

"Yes sir." Replied Agent Coulson. "Sir?" "Yes Agent Hill?" Replied Fury. "We should have told Director Jackson." She tells him. "I believe you're right Agent Hill." Replied Fury.

1536 Words

PLEASE COMMENT!!

A/N: I recently discovered that the script writer for the AVENGERS really likes to cuss... PLEASE COMMENT!!! NEW UPDATE COMING SOON!!!

Should Percie be Bruce's fiance? or wife? Please let me know which one!!!