Stay...

I know, it's a bit heart breaking. I know, it's short. I know, it's far from giving us some serious Motough feels. BUT! But it just didn't want to be written differently. Credits to Taylor Swift - I borrowed two lines from her song called "All you had to do was stay", which inspired me in the first place to write this.
Despite everything, I hope you'll enjoy it anyway.

- Red

"You were all I wanted..."

She thought looking at his sleeping form next to hers. These kind of moments she cherished the most. Full of peace and quietness, filled with love and devotion, when she was lying in his arms after passionate night. He was always the one to fall asleep first, and she was always the one finding it hard to close her eyes - fearing he'll be gone once she opens them in the morning.

He'll be gone either way come morning light. He wasn't hers, although he had her heart since she was nineteen. Sadly, in the end their love story had a tragic ending. Five years later, and he's married, and she's still alone and strongly in love with him.

He came back to her life one July night. Just like that he took her breath away and suddenly it was as if no time passed between the former lovers. She took him home one night, then another night, and again and all of a sudden December came around. He kept talking about getting presents for his family. His family. And all she felt was how disgusted she was with herself. Being his mistress, the second best, the one who's breaking his family apart - this wasn't the life she wanted. She wanted him all, but she couldn't have him. He wouldn't leave his wife for as long as he could fix whatever issues they were having. If, if, he decided to end his marriage, he'd know where to find her.
For tonight she made the decision to end it all, to try to protect what was left of her heart, what wasn't shattered by him yet.

He was no longer her dream, but a nightmare she couldn't escape. Just like an addict struggles to stay clean, she was struggling as well. He was suffocating her by just being. He wasn't making her happy anymore but miserable, and that kind of love is not healthy. So tonight her addiction to this man stays in that bed, she finally grew up to this decision. She was ready to be clean.

Standing in the doorway she looked at him one last time and whispered.

"But not like this."