The Girl Who Cried Wolf

I wake up in the woods--again. This is the fifth time from last weekend, I never know what I'm doing here.

What time is it? I think to myself. I look up at the sky and see that the moon is just above the horizon, meaning it's about midnight.

I get up and look around. Here we go again.
🐨🐵🐽🐯🐶🐯🐘🐨🐮🐰🐮🐨

When I get to campus, all the lights are off.

Good, no one will notice me.

I go to the front door to see if it is unlocked--it's not.

Plan B:

I go to the closest window and open it.

Hey, have the windows open but not the front door! I will never understand.

I finally get to my room after struggling to get through the windows and climbed three flights of stairs. I grab the key out of my back pocket and open the door slowly. I see my roommate Ana sleeping and I give a quiet sigh of relief.

I hop in bed and get under the covers, I instantly fall asleep.

🐟🐄🐤🐌🐬🐔🐙🐛🐙🐝🐜🐟

When I wake up, I see Ana sitting up in bed skyping her girlfriend.

"Bella, Tobi is awake. Say hi!" Ana says in her high pitched voice.

Ana runs over to me with her tablet and shoves it in my face.

I have known Ana and Bella since I was three.

"Good morning Bella. How are you love?" I say with a tired laugh.

"Not bad. I was thinking of coming down for a month to see you guys and my mum."

Bella doesn't go to school. She decided that college was overrated, so now she travels. She went all over the United States and she says it is amazing. We all grew up in England, Ana and I went to Manchester, so when Bella got the chance to travel, she left as soon as she could.

"Well I've got to go get on a plane. Going to see mum. Love you guys, see you soon."

We wave goodbye and she disconnects.

I get out of bed and stretch.

"I'm gonna take a walk. I'll be back in a bit."

I walk out of the building and start toward the woods.

🐕🐃🐎🐂🐩🐃🐕🐖🐎🐉🐫🐩

I've been out here for hours, but it's only felt like minutes. That's what I like about the woods. If only-

My thoughts are interrupted by a voice.

"Are you Tobi?" A low voice asked me. I look around and see a boy about my age leaning against a tree. He had short, dirty blonde hair and an Irish accent.

"Uh... y-yeah."

"Good, I'm Killian." He says extending a hand.

I just look at him, confused.

"Okay... I get it, you don't know me and I know you and you don't want to touch a stalker."

"Sorry I'm just a little confused as to why you are greeting me in the woods. Where are from?" I ask, walking closer to him.

"I'm from Ireland but I have been living here since the beginning of the semester." He gestures to the woods, but probably means the campus.

"But before we get into all that, why don't we get to know each other first. Follow me." He says, gesturing for me to follow him.

🌸🌺🍁🌳🌼🍂🍄🌵🌵🌵🍄🌰

Killian led me to a log that we sat and talked on for hours. It feels like we know each other now and I can finally relax.

"Well, it's getting dark, we should probably go." Killian says a little nervously.

I stand up and look at him sadly.

"Don't worry. We'll see each other again." He took a step closer to me, kissed my cheek, and left. My face hurt from the heat and electricity Killian left on it.

I should probably go home, I think with a smile.