Chapter 3

Monday, boring, dull Monday. Sherlock took Ariana into St. Bart's and showed her the forensics lab. She was quite impressed with Sherlock's intellegence and knowing his way around things but he was just as impresseed has her. Ariana met Molly and they got along very well, they maybe even got along more than Ariana did with Sherlock. Sherlock left an hour after showing her the lab, leaving her with Molly will be just fine.

"How long have you been a forensic scientist?" Molly asked, dusting on some powder to reveal fingerprints on a pair of old, worn out shoes.

"Almost six years. I say this is actually not much considering I lived in America all my life and a lot of crimes happen in Miami. Are you a forensic?"

"No, not really. I ususally work in the mortary. I switch back and forth at times, I help Sherlock with a few things which he usually doesn't need help with." Molly passed the shoes to Ariana as she examined the fingerprints. She studied every detail.

"Anything you can tell from that?" Molly asked.

"Yes." Ariana began, "this shoe is at least fifteen years, passed down. The owner was very active, a hiker judging by the dirt and mud. Water marks, he also walked on the beach often. He had a small dog, two small dogs and a cat. Relaced only once... twice. He was killed in the shoes, bloodstains on the  laces. And the fingerprints, very shaky and smudged. The owner possibly had high or low blood sugar." She set down the shoes and wrote all of the observations on a notepad.

"You and Sherlock are a lot alike. I'm assuming you two are close." 

"No. We met Friday, I almost got killed and he called the paramedics. He took me in and I'm living with him and John. Nothing more. We're both asexual so nothing will happen." Molly knodded and walked back to the mortary. 

---

The rest of the day was very dull and boring. Ariana decided to experiment to kill time until Sherlock would stop by and pick her up and take her back to the flat. She had an eyeball and cut it in half to see the elements that it contains. Holding half of the eye under the microscope and studied each layer. She suddenly felt a breath tickle from behind her neck and a hand pull behind her ear.

"Nice study and observations." She quickly recongnized Sherlock's voice.

"Thank you." Ariana turned around to look at him.

"Are you ready?" Sherlock asked. Ariana knodded, already cleaning up and grabbing her bag. And they left.

---

Back at the flat, Ariana laid onto the leather couch and stared at the ceiling. Sherlock was at her feet and his legs propped on the coffee table. For many hours they thought only talking to each other a minutes at a time. Thinking about the murder who tried to kill her.

"I got it." Ariana said, "Ugh, I'm so stupid. How could I have not thought of this?"

"What?"

"The killer. He's Russian. How many Russian's live in this area of London? Not much." 

"That doesn't explain anything."

"Yes it does, it lowers the number of people that would be suspected. We could also have an access to records of all of the citizens in London. Kinda."

"You know what, Ariana, that's brilliant. My brother Mycroft works with with British government. He has access to every record of everyone who lives in the country." Sherlock got up, grabbed his coat and scarf. Ariana followed behind him. They passed by John on the way down the flat.

"Where are you two going?" John asked.

"Going to catch a murderer. Don't wait up." Sherlock shouted through the parlor. Before he knew it, those two were out of the door like lightning and on their way to Mycroft's.