Seven

{Chapter I}

Micah

"Are you sure about this, Micah?" Kuno asked quietly, refusing to look up from the sidewalk.

"I'm positive. The coordinates Boss gave us point to exactly this spot." I replied, staring up at the neon sign.

"If you say so," he mumbled.

Kuno and I were standing outside the most famous nightclub in Japan, "The Sweet Devil." I scoffed at the irony of the name and glanced at Kuno. He was the shyest person on our team, and I felt bad for putting him out of his comfort zone. I knew he would much rather be sitting in his room reading a book or something, but since Lena was spotted here with Cashlin, it became our responsibility to come and take care of everything.

"C'mon, we need to do this sooner or later," I said, heading towards the entrance.

"I'd prefer later," he muttered before running after me.

After showing the bouncers our ID's, we stepped into the club. The inside was relatively dark, save for the colorful, bright strobe lights that gave me a headache if I stared too long. Music was blaring over the speakers and I could hardly hear Kuno.

There were a lot more people than I had expected. The club was packed and the people on the dance floor looked like sardines packed in a can. This place was filled with perverts and skanks. I cringed as one of the dancers winked flirtatiously at me.

We decided to split up to cover more ground, but I immediately regretted that decision when I found myself alone in the middle of a crowded dance floor. I could have sworn I saw Lena's bright blonde hair somewhere in the crowd, but there were way too many people to find out for sure. Besides, my job was to find Cashlin. I trust that Kuno would be able to find Lena.

Once I finally escaped the crowd, I stumbled my way over to the bar. I declined the beer the bartender tried selling me and instead began scanning the club for Cashlin. I craned my neck, trying to look over the sea of people and hoping I could somehow find her. The sooner this was all taken care of, the sooner Kuno and I can go home and relax with the others.

"Looking for someone?" I jumped and spun around. Standing right behind me, was Cashlin. She had one hand on her hip, the other holding a blood red drink, and a prideful smirk on her face. We haven't seen each other in months, but she still looked exactly the same.

She tossed her wavy, brown locks over her shoulder and leaned against the bar counter. Her golden, catlike eyes shone under the neon lights as she stared at me. I cleared my throat and asked, "What are you look at?"

"It's just weird seeing you and Kuno in a place like this," she replied, taking a sip from the drink.

"We're only here because you and Lena are here."

"Oh really? Do you like us that much?"

I narrowed my eyes. "It is our job to stop you and the other sins from creating chaos in the world. We do not like any of you at all."

This time, her eyes narrowed, and she snarled. "Listen here, mister perfect. I don't give a shit about what your job is or what you're supposed to do. What I do give a shit about is you and the rest of your goody two-shoes virtues getting in our way. Now be a humble little peasant and bow down from your queen."

I scoffed. "Go to hell."

She laughed, winking at me. "Oh babe, where do you think I came from?"

I was about to retort when Kuno ran up to us, his face bruised and shirt ripped. His hair was tousled and he seemed out of breath. Before he could say anything, Lena appeared behind him and threw him against the wall.

"Kuno!" I started running over to him, but Cashlin suddenly appeared and punched me square in the jaw.

Lena giggled, raised up her hand and cut all the lights. Screams erupted from all directions, and I suddenly couldn't tell where I was. Groaning, I raised my hand like Lena had and tried to return the light. But just as the room started to light up again, I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I looked down to see Cashlin smirking, her hand holding a bloody knife.

I fell to the ground, blood soaking my white shirt. Cashlin crouched down in front of me and ran a hand through my hair, her long nails scratching my scalp. She smirked and stood up to meet Lena, who was standing over an unconscious Kuno. She blasted a hole in the ceiling and before they flew away, our eyes met.

She might have said something to me, for her lips were moving, but I was losing consciousness quickly. I helplessly watch her take off, before the world went black.