Chapter 5: Schemes

***Warning: It gets a little hot here. I mean what's a Lionness without some tempting moves.*** 

It's been about week days since their talk. Ate Ca, Barbie, and Bianca have been watching the two like a hawk because, at first, Nadine gave James the cold shoulder. James tried to put it off, but after a few days, gave her the cold shoulder back. That only made her more mad at him. 

And then when she couldn't stand it, she started to be clingy. Always bringing new videos of Clarky Boy with her to the set because she knew James would want to see them. She'd sneak little kisses on his cheek before he would leave for the night and all James could do was smile and walk away so he could resist himself from kissing her back. 

"She'll understand."-- He kept telling himself this like a mantra. 

"She'll understand what?" Bianca overheard him after he kept rubbing his head. Nadine just sat on his lap to show him a video and she was sitting a little to close, making him respond how a guy would normally respond when his girl sits on him. The video ended and she was aware of what she just did, got up and left the tent like she didn't do anything. 

"Nothing, Ate," sighing in exasperation. 

"Papakipot ka pa, kasi," she shook her head. 

James sat up with a surprised look on his face. "She told you?!" 

"No... She told Yassi yesterday. Ate Ca and Barbie overheard and told me. -- So that's why you two are acting all strange." 

"Ate, naman. We can't." 

She laughed at him. "At sa tingin mo, Nadine's not gonna fight you? Alam nya na kung anong bawal sa contrata ninyo. It never said you can't date her. Yes, management advised, but advice lang yun. She knows it's not final word. That's why she's wants you two to fight for it." 

He looked at Bianca, "Is she mad?" 

"Ay grabe, kanina... when you refused to use your inhaler. Sobra ang galit nya sayo. 'BAHALA NA SYA SA BUHAY NYA!" --- Bianca tried her best to mimic her "Ading's" voice. 

James laughed at her attempt. "Pero seryoso... am I wrong in keeping it just friends? I mean I told her it's for our careers. " 

"No. But neither is she... but like you said, she'll understand. Actually, talking to her a while ago, she already does. You both will understand the right decision soon." 

Realizing a little too late, "Wait... she talked to you?" 

Bianca tried her best to hide what she knew, "Ahhh... yea. Just to let it out.... Um... I'm gonna go." She practically ran out the tent. James wanted to ask more, but she already left. 

--- after taping --- 

Nadine was finished packing up and was about to approach James when Ate Ca and Barbie told him that the bosses were calling the both of them in for a meeting later at 7. With 2 hours to spare, Nadine suggested that the four of them have dinner. 

"Umuna na kayo. I forgot something in the room kasi. We'll just meet you there." --- Nadine plan was going according to schedule. She just thought she'd have a little fun before the final win ;) 

She walked in to grab her other bag with the extra shoes and looked at him trying to figure out if he got everything. "Comfy shoes? Sweatpants? Inhaler? Keys?" 

"Yup, everything." --- looking around for one last thing. 

Nadine went to go lock the door and realized what he was looking for. She got the pillow and tossed it to him. "That's my pillow, kaya. Yet you use it more than me."