PROLOGUE

VEILA

TEARS began falling and I can't help but to only put my shaking hands in front of my parted mouth not saying anything in shock. I did not realize what was the cause of a sudden change of her mother's features when she was putting me in bed a little while ago. But now I could see what is happening from the small parted window the cabinet has. I cannot move out inside the cabinet my mother put me into. Spell. Oh deity, if I could only break it. She cannot do this to me, she cannot just put me in here to protect me.

Her mother looks helpless in her wasted seated position on the floor but her eyes was different. Something in her eyes was different. "You'll never see what you all are looking for! You'll never have it and you'll never get my daught--Ahh!" She screamed in sudden pain. There was a loud thud. Her upper body turned down on the side of the floor. Someone wearing a dark purple cloak slapped my mother hard in her beautiful face. My body was shaking from the things and scenario I am seeing. But I'm frozen. Oh mother, please don't do this to me.

"Mother... No! You filthy creature! Don't touch my mother!" I shouted angrily but the creature didn't even seem to care... or it seems like it didn't hear me.

I saw my mother trying to face whoever is standing in front of her. With an eyes with the color of hatred. Her lips was cut and stained of blood. She closed her eyes calmly in front of the creature and suddenly I heard her sweet calming voice...

Veila, my precious daughter, stop being so stubborn, they won't hear you... I'm sorry I had to put you in there and I had to put a spell. I know this is hurting you but please, please my dear, you have to understand and forgive me from this... You have to follow me for it will not waste all the sacrifices our ancestors have made.

"Don't play hard with me, Sigrid." The creature in cloak holds her mother's neck trying to pull her up. It sounded like a male hissing, but it's unrecognizable. She saw her mother flinched. "Oh sweet Sigrid, I know she's here... That scent..." I can hear he was inhaling deeply.

"Don't you want me to introduce myself to her?" I cannot see his face since I'm in his back side but I can feel from his words, he is grinning--mocking my mother. His temper was rising as my mother was facing at him again, I cannot explain where he's coming from.

"You cannot have her, you bastard! She's just a mere thirteen year old child... You'll never win this war and you know it!" She managed to snapped at him even she cannot hardly breathe. My mother is a strong woman, having to raise me alone in this world. But still I can see from the distance her shaking hands trying to move away the hands that was holding her neck.

"I n-never meant t-to hurt them... I never wa-anted them to suffer because of me.." Agonizing pain run through my very veins coming out from my eyes as if it wanted to burst out.

Oh dear child. Please calm down... This is not because of you. This was a war our ancestors once stopped, but was not able to eliminate. Child, use your gift, find the Kraie and fulfill the prophecy... Prove yourself to be the one, I know you have it in you.

"Mother! Please do not leave me... I am afraid... Why don't you just give me to him and that book? For your pain to be over? So he can release you..." I can see her struggling pain from the hold of the creature.

No, Veila! Please my child, don't do that. You have to be strong because you are going to face your life without me, you have to face your destined fate alone. I know this would happen, but I never thought it would be so soon...