Chapter 1

"Castiel!" I hear my father yell from down stairs. My eyes slowly opened, and my body felt stuck to the new clean mattress. I didn't want to move here... It was stupid leaving my friends, my family behind. Suddenly my door creaks open, only to reveal my older brother, Gabriel. "Morning little brother, you just going lay there, or are you going to get up and get ready?" He chuckled. I glare at him and pull my cheap, brown, scratchy blanket to my face, trying to block my view from that annoying face of his. Gabriel lets out a breath, you could almost her the sound of him rolling his eyes at my laziness. "Cas... come on, wake up, we don't wanna make Dad angry." Gabriel says, walking over to the mattress on the polished wooden floor. He bends over to take ahold of the brown blanket and throws it off of me. "Oh come on!" I hiss at him. "Just hurry up, we have 30 minutes before we have to go." Gabe says, sounding like he had no emotion. I look up at him. The sun shined from my uncovered window. It hit Gabe's eyes making them seem as his they were golden, and his light, slightly long, brown hair was tucked neatly behind his ears, he wore his stupid tan jacket over a sewer green t-shirt and boot cut blue jeans. "Fine," I say, glaring at him. "I'll be down stairs in ten minutes." Gabe grins, revealing his perfect white teeth. He turns and strolls out of the bed room.

I slowly stand up, the bottom, scrunched up part of my plaid pajama pants fall to my ankles. I start to unbutton my soft shirt as I walk toward my closet door. My hands reach to the small door knob of the shingled white closet door. I open the door and take out the clothes I prepared for today. This stupid Monday. I didn't want to go to Lawrence High School. I don't even want to be in this new house. Sure it was beautiful, and damn, my room is huge... well maybe its huge because my stuff wasn't put in here yet... that stupid moving truck didn't get here on time. "Castiel, hurry up you got 15 minutes!" yelled Gabe's voice from below. "Damnit." I mumble aloud, I must've been lost in thought, so much for being down in 10 minutes. I quickly throw off my clothing and slide on a blue collared shirt that was a bit large for me, I wiggle into my blue jeans. I sit on the bed and roll on my white socks. "Castiel!" I heard another fierce yell. Not from Gabe, it was Dad. Crap. I hurry up to put on nice brown dress shoes. I grab my bright orange backpack that Gabriel got me, i've had this bag since freshmen year... It's a bit worn down, but i refuse to give it away. I suppose it's a long story, I do not wish to tell at this second. I rush out of my room, and down my new marble stairs and their was Gabe, at the door. And Dad.

"Hey Cas.." says Dad. He was pretty short, I guess Gabe got that from him. He had a thick beard and light blue eyes, probably the only thing i got from him, and his brown hair had a slight wave to it. Castiel stared at him. "Good morning dad." I say, slightly scared why he was in front of me. "I just wanted to tell you that, I hope you will be happy here, despite your condition." He said. The words slipped from his mouth, so easily. Condition... That word rung through my mind like a thousand bells. Gabriel looked at me, and shook his head, I knew that was a sign that I shouldn't argue. "Condition?" I breathed out, it was almost a mean, rude chuckle. He said that. He really said that homosexuality is a.. "condition". I blew it off, i couldn't let my rage get to me. I could tell Gabe saw me brush it off. He looked relieve that there wasn't going to be a fight. I adjust my backpack and mumble, "Gabe... let's just go." Gabe nodded. "Bye dad, we'll see you later." He says. Gabe went out the large wooden door. I don't bother to say bye to dad, Gabe did it for me. I shut the door behind me. "Thanks for the help Gabe..." I say, a frown on my face. "I'm sorry Cas... I just wanted a nice first day." Gabe replies, reflecting my frown. I know he meant it. This move has been hard on us all. "I know.. I'm sorry." I spoke, truth be told, Gabe kept the family together. We lost Lucifer and Micheal... not in the death sense either. They were tired of each other and the family, I couldn't blame them... I guess, Dad was uptight, barely even home. Gabriel always kept me happy, and he taught me more things then dad had, I guess it's the curse of being the little brother... Gabe unlocks his 95' Chrysler. "Man, Cassie, I cannot wait to finally get 78' mustang." Gabe says. I chuckle and gets into the grey passenger seat. Gabe closes the door, and give me a reassuring grin. It some how made me feel better. I smile back at him. He starts the car, then we were off.