Wish I Never Met You

• Dedicated to Nimah O Kohari

Chapter 1

I remember my aunts horror struck face as she pulled out her umbrella and helped me put on my boots and raincoat telling me we had to go to the hospital for a few minutes. My parents were still out and hadn't returned.

"Honey go get gumbella and we will leave." She instructed as I noticed a tear go down her cheek.

I ran to the living room to get gumbella my doll from the couch where me and aunt Gemma were watching Tom and Jerry together before the phone rang and after that we had to suddenly leave for the hospital.

When I went back to my aunt she held out her finger and I wrapped my small hand around her large index finger and she swiftly moved out of the house pulling me along with her.

She locked the door behind us and we walked through the rain towards aunt Gemmas' car. It was raining so fast I could barley see but my aunt guided me towards the car and I had nothing to worry about. She settled me into my seat and fastened the seat belt and and as soon as she got in she started driving towards the hospital.

****************

The car came to an abrupt halt and the next thing I knew was my aunt had gone crazy. Forgetting her umbrella she got out of the car and opened my door, unfastened me, took me into her arms and ran towards the sliding doors of the hospital.

Once we were inside she put me down and once again I took her index finger into my hands as she led me to an open seat and sat me down.

"Honey I need you to stay here till I'm back, okay?" She asked. Her voice was cracking and she was dripping from the rain water.

I nodded. And the next thing I knew, she was walking towards the front desk asking the women something and when her lips moved and stopped my aunt didn't wait to answer. She was running down the hallway on the left.

After what seemed to be hours my aunt came back her face was twisted in pain and checks soaked with tears. I couldn't help but shed a few tears myself. Seeing my aunt in pain made my heart throb!

"What's wrong aunt Gemma??!" I asked. She came and sat next to me and sobbed a bit more before she took my little hands in hers and started to speak.

"Honey... mummy and daddy won't be home.." She started. "For dinner?" I cut her off.

"No" she sighed "forever" and with that she started crying again.

"But... Whyy!! I whined. "They're gone to visit god in heaven" she said through her sobs. But why was she crying? I've heard that heaven is a good place where good people go.

I was only 3 when my parents died in a car crash. I still thank god that I wasn't old enough to understand because you see I'm not that strong. I couldn't have handled the pain.

It's been 13 years since that night. Well anyways my names Ellie Frost and I live with my aunt Gemma. I start high school in a whole new city because my aunt has decided to move to Seattle. I'm sad because I've lived in LA almost my entire life but I love my aunt and she means everything to me in the world since she's all I have.

Anyways I have to get going. I need to go pack up my belongings. We leave in a few hours and I start high school in half a month! I hope I fit in...