New York: A Dreamers Romance

Diary,                                                                                                                                             08-12-10

                                I’ve landed! I am officially in New York, the city of dreams. I have awaited this moment my entire life, and now it’s finally here.  As the rest of the people that were on the flight have already made their way into the city, I’m still here writing in my diary. Why, you may ask… The truth is, I have no idea.  I mean, I’m in New York City, for God’s sake… I should have darted into the heart of the city as soon as the plane wheels hit the black-top, but I didn’t. I think I have discovered that the reason I’m still sitting here, writing in you… is because I’m afraid. Afraid to be alone.  Afraid that my dreams are too huge to achieve. Afraid that New  York won’t be exactly how I imagined it. As always, I’m procrastinating, putting off my dreams being potentially crushed. You know what? I’m twenty years old and I’m still cowering… Grow a pair Aspen, Damnit. Alright… It’s time. Time to face my fears, achieve my dreams...I'm doing it. Wish me luck.                                                                                                            Until next time,                                                                                                                                         Aspen.