Chapter 7- surprise

Harry's POV

This is such a bad idea.

I should just turn around and leave before she sees me. I saw Max and her getting ready to go swimming through her bedroom windows. She still leaves them completely open all the time, like she did when she lived here.

I kept trying to talk myself out of this stupid idea. Then I remember how she smiled at me earlier. She smiled at me.

Surely she wouldn't mind having one conversation with me. I nod.

I stand in the shade, in their back yard next to the table. I watch as she quickly tosses her phone down, take quick steps towards water and loosen the towel she is wearing.

My breath hitches. Shit. Shit. Shit. She is going to drop the towel. Confirming my thoughts she drops the towel to the ground exposing her delicate skin. My jaw dropped as my eyes raked her body. Jesus fuck.

I swallow the thoughts racing through my mind and move closer to her. Seeing her like this made me want to be near her so much more.

Before I could make my presence known she dived into the water. The loud splash snapping me out of my trance. A soft shimmering sound caught my attention.

Her phone.

Curiosity spread through me as fast as lightening. I wondered why she was texting and why she dropped her phone so suddenly. As if she was distracting herself from her phone for as long as she possibly could.

Is she texting a friend? Is it a boy? Does my Melodie have a boyfriend?

I grabbed the phone and glanced over her recent chats. She was texting a few people. Her mom, someone named Roxie and a Nick.

Roxie sent a message so that must be who she was talking to just now. I tap on the notification.

Roxie: If you cant stop thinking about him then I think you should just talk to him! That was the plan, remember?

My heart started racing out of my chest. Is she talking about me? Or is Melodie interested in someone else? As far as I know the only other person she saw here is Niall. Is she talking about Niall? I swear to God, of she is talking about Niall he better fucking start running right now.

I glance up at Max and Melodie, both completely oblivious to my presence. Max was entertaining himself with a couple of floaties and Mel was swimming towards him.

Roxie: Btw, next time he decides to walk around half naked, send some pics. I know you want them anyway. Now, I need to go. Talk laters, love ya.

I smile as I read this text. Its me. Its. Fucking. Me. They. Are. Talking. About. Unless she saw a few other shirtless men today, it has to be me. I just knew it.

Melodie cant stop thinking about me. She still has feeling for me.

I might still have a chance with her.

****

Melodie's POV