Chapter 1

One direction - Stockholm Syndrome

And so, I went back to Los Angeles. Almost a year I traveled the world. Here, in the city where I was born and grew up, most people know me as the "Princess of the road." I honestly do not know why I was so named, but, as explained by my brother, I am the youngest among street racers of our city that is constantly winning. I was only seventeen, my brother - eighteen. His name is Louis, and me - Nikki Tomlinson.

This year I go to high school. So, I will learn with Louis. He was my childhood was sitting with me, and even though we are not a big age difference, he always calls me as I can remember, little Lulu.

Our mother died when I was one year old. She is very ill, and our dad, the former Formula 1 driver, Bobby Tomlinson, could not continue his career, when my mother left us. He went into the bout and Louis always protect me from a drunken parent.

When Louis was five, my father is very drunk, and so struck Louis that I had to call an ambulance. After this incident, he changed his mind and the remains of savings opened a car repair shop. Business took off, given that at the time in some circles father earned a solid reputation. Dad taught us to drive with Louis, he was even glad when we have asked us to teach. Perhaps we have is hereditary. I love speed and I, oddly enough for most girls like to delve into the machines, and in the summer I was moonlighting from his father Louis in the workshop. My father was very proud to be the home of Louis friends collect the car for racing.

In general, we have a very close-knit family. But now I need a mother - I have such an age when every girl needs a parent, but it is impossible, even if Dad marries c stepmother obviously we are not going to close friends. Well, I have my best friend - Michelle Erton. We had the same age and have been friends since the fifth grade. She is very cheerful and energetic girl, I sometimes wonder how much energy in it.

I decided to make a surprise to your loved men and not say that going back to one o'clock today. Only knew Michelle, she just met me at the airport.

I opened the door with his key, walked on tiptoe into the house and about something tripped ...

- Ah-ah-ah! - I cried when plopped on the floor. - Lucky you're near the door, then lay down, and if I were you crushed? - The animal turned on me and started licking. - I missed you, too.

Lucky - my dog. Dad gave it to us when I was thirteen years old.

- My daughter? - Dad turned on the light in the hallway, I did not want to wake him up.

- Dad! - I got off the floor and ran to hug him. We have not seen him for eight months, ever since I went away. - I missed you! - And I think I shed a few tears, but I'm not one of those who cries over nothing, but now I did not care.

- The daughter - he hugged me tighter, - why do not you warned? We'd met you, Louis.

- I wanted to make you a surprise - I pulled away from him. - Are not you glad?

- What are you ?! Of course, I'm glad! - We have once again embraced. - What do you got?

- I brought Michelle. Yesterday I called her and said that she will come today.

- I had to warn you. The refrigerator hung the mouse.

- It's okay, I'm not hungry. I snack on the road and on the plane. Where is Louis?

- He went to the guys. They now some party emerged.

- Oh-oh-oh, okay - I know their party, but my father is better not to know what they were doing. Although, it seems to me that our dad is not so old and knows that the party is the music, sex and lots of booze and possibly the grass.

- We need to call him.

- No! I want it to be a surprise! - I picked up the bag in his hands. - When he comes back today, which is unlikely, I'm better than him at school tomorrow surprise.

The father took the bag.

- Well, you know better - he shrugged his shoulders, and we went to the second floor.

My father helped me with the bags and, as soon as I walked in my room, I realized how very tired and want to sleep.

- Nicky, I get up early tomorrow, and you, too, so you better go to bed.

- Of course - I kissed him on the cheek and headed for the shower. After I came out and put his long shirt to sleep, I lay down and immediately fell into the realm of Morpheus.

avy?