Pain,Darkness,Light

I was alone; the rain hammering down on me, mixing with my tears. She's gone. I was alone again. There was no longer any light left in this world. I noticed some shards of glass glistening in the lamps light. I picked a shard up. Held it to my milky flesh and slight my skin. The deeper the cut the less pain I felt. The crimson liquid flowing from my wrist quickened. My eyelids became heavy as the darkness consumed me.

I had left the mortal world. Only to be in one I couldn't bare even more. My stomach flipped as the golden gates slowly swung open. "Why here?" I mumbled. I looked up to see a smiling woman. My mother her long white hair blowing in the gentle breeze; her loving purple eyes flowing with tears. Blood splattered all over her face. "Mum?" I asked while stepping back. She had been murdered by my father 3 months back. "Why sweetie why?" she asked falling to her knees, Tears streaming down her face. I looked at her my chest began to ache. "The pain became too much" I said falling to the ground myself, sobs escaping my mouth. The pain in my chest grew and spread throughout my body. I feel my body being scooped up into a loving embrace. "Hush sweetie...mummy's here" she whispered. "Mum" she hummed in response. "D-did it hurt?" she looked at me eyes wide with shock. She stayed silent giving me an answer. I closed my eyes. "What now?" I asked remembering my situation. She sighed "Come" her voice sounding sweet. She took me to a pure white room. There was a bed with clothes on it. I looked down at my wrist to see it stained with blood. "Can I take a shower?" I asked hiding my arm behind me. "Yes but it won't wash off" she said placing her hand on her face. I would have to walk around with this scarlet liquid on me till I was free.

I'll explain what I mean by free. It is said if you are murdered or commit suicide you are bound to the earth. Souls can be freed by loved ones letting them go, as they are the only connection with the living world. I know this sounds like a load of bull trust me that is, what I thought when I was told. There is one other way we can be freed but it's not pretty. We die all over again of this is done. Yeah I said die over again and I know what you're thinking, that's not even possible. I'm here to correct you on that. We don't die but we experience all the pain we felt at the moment of death. We are then turned into a guardian or as they are more commonly known as angles. I was told that the pain I was experiencing was me being turned into a guardian.

A man walked into my room. "Your heart is pure" he said patting my head. I wanted to bite him for doing that. I knew exactly who he was. "James" I whined. He was the one who told me the bull story about souls. He chuckled. "Don't let evil or hatred consume your heart" he said sounding serious. I looked at him, not fully understanding him. "Kiddo there are not just guardians in this world" he paused. I guess he was trying to think of a way to word it. "There are also dark guardians, angles of darkness if you prefer but these guardians are not like the one who protect the living" he stopped once again. "They will consume souls of the living or drain them of their happiness" he glances at me. "They are born if the person heart has been corrupted by something weather that be death itself or what you did while alive" he explained. The pain in my chest grew stronger. Then a white light shone for me. The pain grew even more intense causing me to scream out in agony. He then crept into my mind. I tried, I really did. I wanted him dead; I needed him dead, my father the man who ripped her away from me. The white light turned scarlet and the pain grew. I continued to fight this never ending battle. They say good will always over power evil but is that really true. I fell to my knees and the light faded. I slowly opened my eyes and noticed a pair of grey wings. My mother, whom had just walked in, stared at me a pained look in her eyes. "You thought well" I heard James say. "You where not full consumed by your emotions" he said sounding relived. "You are not a guardian and yet you are not an angle of darkness" he said placing his hand on my shoulder. My un-dead heart raced. I was new, something different, someone to change it all. I would bring peace but darkness at the same time. I wasn't sure of my destiny at the time but I knew it was going to be fun.

zont7&f