Prologue

Prologue

Syannah found herself to be walking across an antebellum pallor. The pallor was covered from wall to wall in white paint. There was a table set that looked like it belonged to a fortuneteller. The chairs were maroon colored and the table was covered in a cloth to match. She felt something coming towards her and looked to her right. She saw on the wall a shadow. Distinctly she could make it out to be a shadow of a little girl of about five to seven years of age. But when she glanced to her left the little girl owning the shadow was not their but the shadow still was. Syannah felt her walking pace speed up along with her heart. She looked directly in front of herself sans saw her family.

It was her mother, her older brother (Jaxon), and her Nana. Just before she reached the door she awoke shouting at the top of her lungs, thankfully her family slept like the dead nothing could wake them. She could not move; her heart was pounding to get out of her chest. She was paralyzed in fear. She could feel the girl in the room with her. Finally she was able to move and flew to the light switch flicking it on with a flick of her wrist. She walked back to bed and crawled under the covers, with only her head peeping up from them.

Eventually sometime during the night she fell asleep.

Slowly her eyes opened slowly as she yawned. As she sat up in bed she could feel her body start to ache. She didn't know why she was so achy.

After sitting up for a bit, she walked down stairs and into the kitchen. Her mom was by the coffee pot fixing her self a cup of coffee. "Syannah, thanks for waking up little vampire." Her mom was just playing around with her.

"Mom, I didn't sleep to well last night. I remember waking up screaming." Syannah was now standing beside her mother as a cold chill ran down her spine causing her to shake.

Her mother, who was only on her first cup of coffee, barely noticed what her daughter was telling her. "I'm sorry, baby." Syannah realized this and marched off to the washroom in search of clothes to wear today.