Chapter 2: princess Daphne

Daphne has fair skin, long pale blonde hair and amber eyes. She wears a cyan dress and orange belt with flowery accessories attached on, cyan trousers with dark green stripes and orange on the edges of the stripes. Her stilettos are cyan with orange sleeves. She wears a lime scarf and blue bracelets.

........................................................................

Daphne is Bloom's older sister, and the elder daughter of King and Queen of . Before , she was also the last-known fairy to have acquired .

She was/is the spirit of an extremely powerful nymph, bound to the bottom of in , as she was "killed" (actually cursed) sixteen years before the beginning of the events of the show when the destroyed her world and returned to Domino after it was successfully restored in .

In "The Secret of the Lost Kingdom", Daphne demonstrates her resourcefulness; solving Bloom's problem with finding the secret library of Domino by giving Bloom . With it, Bloom would be seeing through Daphne's eyes and see Domino as she remembered it before it was frozen.

Bloom having a vision of Daphne in Magix

Despite the fact that there is a constant aura of mystery and secrets about her, Daphne was a kind and loving woman, and a devoted sister to Bloom (she willingly sacrificed herself for her younger sister), to whom she acts as a guardian spirit of sorts, guiding her through her troubles with both her magic and adventures, telepathically communicating with Bloom if she has any trouble.

Daphne's age remains a mystery, though it is known she was either a young adult or a teenager at the time of her death (due to examination of her pictures from the in the ).

Along with her age, Daphne's upbringing and her are mysterious even if she has been seen to be powerful enough to fly without wings, although that could be because she was a Nymph (however it was never precised whether Nymph is a fairy form or just a title). Daphne is later revealed to be a Sirenix fairy, although it was still not explained what was the nature of a nymph and how she could fly without wings.According to the RAI version of , Daphne was one of the : nine all-powerful fairies that, after the disappearance of the , controlled the destiny of the Magical Dimension. She was in fact the Supreme Nymph of , being the last and most powerful one among them before Domino's destruction and the disappearance of the Dragon Flame. She was apparently an extremely powerful fairy when she was the keeper of the Dragon Flame. Since in of the first season; Bloom tells Sky that she first saw Daphne on the walls of a temple found at Magix, along with the other , and there was a statue of her in the Museum of Magix.

She was also the eldest daughter of King Oritel and Queen Marion, and hence the Princess of , as well as the previous keeper of the, which was transferred to Bloom at her birth. She might have attended Alfea as a young fairy.The , hoping to claim the power of the Dragon flame as their own, attacked her world and destroyed it after threatening into breaking the promise he made to Oritel to protect Domino while the was away fighting the witches.

To help protect her home world, Daphne had acquired the ancient transformation and, as a last resort to save her younger sister, Bloom - and hence keep the Dragon Fire from falling into the wrong hands - she sent her to ; a dimension so far away and forgotten that the Witches could not sense her Dragon Flame.

However, even if Daphne was ready to confront the Ancestresses, they had previously cast a dark spell on Sirenix, and when Daphne tried to defend herself and fight the Witches, the power turned against her instead and turned her into a disembodied spirit.

After this the final battle against the Ancestral Witches and the Company of Light took place. Oritel and Marion, convinced that both their daughters had been killed, defeated and imprisoned Valtor, who had lied to them that he was the one who killed both Bloom and Daphne, in the .

They then fought the Ancestral Witches themselves and were able to defeat them and imprison them in the , their birth realm, but before disappearing the Witches captured both Oritel and Marion, imprisoning them in Obsidian with them, and a wave of dark energy was released from the realm of Obsidian that turned Domino itself into a frozen place and captured all the inhabitants of Domino and imprisoned them as well in Obsidian.After the destruction of her home world, Domino, Daphne's disembodied spirit went to dwell in Lake Roccaluce near (perhaps because she became a spirit because of the Sirenix curse and the Source of Sirenix is found in Lake Roccaluce), and she appeared to have lost none of her incredibly strong magical powers, though she is only able to leave the lake to which she is bound for short periods of time because of her damaged connection to Sirenix