Floo Powder

Selestia Monty woke with a start. "Oh no! Was it all a dream, am I not a magical witch. Back to the boring life, of a boring girl." she thought sadly in her head. She rolled onto her back and saw three happy people beaming down at her. She thought for a short moment, then realised: "It wasn't a dream! I am a flaming witch!!"

"Yes! My honey you are you are!" Her mother squealed with pure excitement.

"Of course you are! You're the most gifted girl in the world!" Her dad cheered with happiness.

"You are a Big Ugly witch!!" Her brother roared, thinking it was a compliment.

The whole family laughed for about five minutes straight until Selestia noticed something vital, something that could stop her from being a witch, that could stop her from going to Hogwarts. The school for witchcraft and wizardry. She decided to raise the subject before it was too late to cover.

"Dad? Where do I get all the stuff from, like is there some place on the internet, or on the streets?" Selestia asked, nervous.

"Diagon alley, my love!" He said.

"Where??" Selestia and Mrs. Monty asked in confusion. They have never heard of the well-known wizarding place.

"Diagon Alley, is a wizarding place where you can buy School books, to racing brooms. Potion supplies to magic quills!" He said excited.

"Where is it?" Selestia's mum asked.

"In London I'll show you, I think I've got some floo powder." Muttered Mr. Monty as he walked out of the room and came back four or five minutes later with a trunk the size of two Percys. three quarters of the family were wearing confused looked as he struggled to wrestle it open. He finally passed it to his wife and his daughter. Selestia took one big look at the trunk and it opened with six clicks.

"wow." said Selestia, in awe looking inside the old trunk. Inside there was loads of moving pictures, a pot of something grey and dusty. Selestia hoped it wasn't either of her dead grand-parents. Three pieces of slim wood, one ragged hat, a little necklace that had a little sand-timer in the middle of it and a head-boy and a head-girl badge.

"What's all this?" asked Mrs Monty to her husband.

"Rory's old stuff, left it in my possession." Grunted Mr Monty (Adrian). Mrs Monty (Annabelle) looked at him sternly. Rory was the older sibling, the gifted one Adrian wasn't.

"So shall we go after breakfast?" Selestia asked.

"Yes my dear." Her mum said. "Adrian sort out that powder of yours!" She added.

"Can I have Granola today mum?" asked Percy sweetly.

"Of course my love!" Said Annabelle.

The family walked down to the kitchen, still in their pyjamas, Mrs Monty got the porridge ready for little Percy, while softly cooking bacon and eggs for Selestia. Mr Monty came down seven minutes later with a pot of dust: Floo powder.

"Alrighty, Go and get changed Tia (Tia is a nickname her mum gave her, when her brother couldn't pronounce her name, he called her "Stia") and I'll help Percy, Is that the floo powder of yours?" Asked Selestia's mum to her dad as Selestia ran up the stairs to her room.

"What to wear. what to wear?" Selestia thought. Finally she pulled some tight fitting jeans, a cream-coloured top and a loose jacket held in the middle by a brown belt. She looked beautiful, with her hair and face natural. Tia never used make-up, she thought it was sexist and a waste of time.

"Are you ready yet. Love?" Mr Monty shouted up the stairs.

"Coming!" She shouted back, excited. She rushed down the stairs into the kitchen where she found her family dressed smartly. Her dad was pocketing a golden key into his pocket.

"Right," he said "We are going to use floo powder to get to Diagon alley today, I will explain."

"So you grab a bit of this powder," He said motioning to the pot. "throw it into the fire, and shout loudly and clearly Diagon Alley!" I'll go first watch closely!" He said.

He stepped into the fire and threw the powder on the ground, suddenly green flames erupted,

"DIAGON ALLEY!" He shouted, he disappeared.

"I'll go next," Said Selestia excited. "Then you go with Perce!" she said.

"Ok love." her mum said.

"DIAGON ALLEY!" she screamed and she was gone.