O N E

Ariana's POV

It's been five years since I've actually talked to Justin, today marks the day he left me crying in the airport. I now think he's a low life dick who doesn't care about how anyone feels, much different than the Justin I dated.

I opened for his concert a few years ago, but I refused to talk to him. Although I watched his first song, All Around the Word, and it was amazing I must admit. I've been on a really successful path after Victorious ended. I'm not going to lie and say I don't still have feelings for him, because I will always have feelings for him. He changed, he dyed his hair blonde and it's longer than before. I've changed too, I dyed my hair a darker shade of brown from going to a red head, and back to brown.

I was going to the studio since Scooter, my manager called me there to talk about a new album. It's weird, I have the same manager as Justin, but I haven't gotten in any contact with Justin and Scooter respects my feelings towards him.

I walked into the studio to see Scooter talking to a blonde guy, I didn't think much of it of course.

"Hey Scooter" I said closing the door.

Scooter and the blondie turn around and then mixed emotions hit me, Justin. I stood there in shock, this is the first time I've seen him, not gonna lie, he's hotter than the last time I've seen him. Blonde hair suits him. Since it was a hot California night, he was wearing a no sleeve t-shirt that showed his sleeve of tattoos. I've seen them in pictures, but it's so much better in person.

I'm not sure how long I was standing there staring at Justin, but he was staring at me the same, looking me up and down licking his lips.

"Ariana? You there?" Scooter said bringing me back into the real world.

I shook my head and looked away from Justin making him look down at his feet.

"Uh yeah? Sorry I didn't hear a word you said" I giggled.

"I was asking if you and Justin could, I don't know, make a song together" he said.

I looked around deciding on whether or not to do it, there would definitely be some tension in the room.

"Uh yeah, that's cool I guess if it's alright with Justin" I said making Justin look at me in shock.

"Justin?" Scooter asked.

"Um of course, yeah, let's do it" he said, with a deeper, sexier voice.

"Alright, so I gotta run to Yael, pregnant wives are not easy. Good luck to you both" Scooter said running out the door leaving things very awkward between me and Justin.

Justin decided to say something to break the tension, "I really like your song Tattooed Heart," he smiled.

"Interesting choice, I uh, well I actually wrote them both about you. I wrote Tattooed Heart when we were a thing " I said rubbing my arm and looking down.

"Oh" he said also looking down.

"Your album Journals is great" I said trying to forget the terrible memory.

"Oh thanks, some songs were inspired by you but uh, yeah" he said chuckling.

We stood there in complete silence.

"You look great Ariana" he said looking at my bare side. I was wearing a black sleeveless shirt that revealed my black bra with grey sweatpants and converse with my hair all down, which I don't usually do.

"Thanks, you don't look to bad yourself, although you have changed a lot" I said, "but I like your tattoos" I said pointing at his arms.

"Oh thanks" he said, "I like yours" he said pointing at my belisima tattoo underneath my armpit.

"Thanks" I said blushing and covering it by putting my arm back down. "Well we should get to writing this song huh?" I said awkwardly.

"Yeah, of course" he said getting some paper and sitting down patting the seat telling me to sit next to him.

I sat down and looked at him, I noticed he had 'patience' tattooed behind his ear.

"A patience tattoo? Not bad" I said nodding my head.

"Yeah, I got it once I got here. You always told me patience would take me a long way" he said looking me straight in the eye.

Justin's POV

I missed Ariana more than she thinks. I miss the nights we would sleep in her room, and when she would do everything in her power to wake me up.

When she mentioned the patience tattoo I have, it brought back many memories on why I got it.

Flashback

"Scooter I want a tattoo" I told him as we sat in the studio.

"Oh really, and what might that tattoo be of?" He asked lifting an eyebrow.

"Something my girlfr-" I choked at my words and gulped remembering what happened, "I mean ex-girlfriend, told me before I left" I said looking down seeing her face when I walked away.

"Woah woah woah, you mean the brown haired cutie? You two broke up? You seemed so happy" Scooter said making me feel guilty.

"We were, but I broke up with her because long distance relationships aren't easy" I said.

"Dang, what is her name?" He asked.

"Ariana" I smiled, "Ariana Grande"

"Hold on what? You mean you dated the red velvet haired girl on tv?" He gasped.

"The who now? No the Ariana I dated is a beautiful brown haired girl back in Boca" I said.

"This Ariana?" He said pulling out his phone and showing me a picture of her. My heart sank to my stomach as I saw her smiling with red hair.

"Why is her hair red? Why are there so many pictures of her?" I asked.

"She's on a tv show and she has to dye her hair red. My niece watches that show every time she comes over" he said shaking his head.

"Come on we gotta go get my tattoo" I said pulling him up and dragging him to the door.

We got to the tattoo parlor and I knew what I wanted.

"What do you want?" The tattoo artist asked.

"Patience tattooed right behind my ear" I said pointing to where I wanted it.

He cleaned my skin and started poking me with the tattoo needle. The entire time I was thinking about Ariana. Why didn't she tell me.

Probably because I'm a dip shit and broke her heart. Why would she tell me?

Present day

Ariana's eyes were still those same big eyes. Eyes that I could easily get lost in. 

"I'm sorry Ariana" I said.

"For?" She asked

"Breaking your heart" I said making her look at her feet.

"It's whatever. It happened five years ago, we both moved on right?" She said giving a fake smile. I looked down at the paper and had an idea.

Say you love me, as much as I love you. Would you hurt me baby, could you do it to me?

"Nice choice of words" Ariana said nudging me.