chapter 3

I woke up in the hospital with doctors all around me. I head one of them say I was having a sea sure and I got scared. I wanted to see Ben but I had no idea where he was and I couldn't call him.

3 hours later I was able to go home. My dad and mom picked me up and we went to the house. Dad carried me through the house and put me in bed. He smiled at me and I hugged him. When he left the room I put on a pair of my jean shorts and a tank top. I grabbed my big fluffy pillow and played in bed.

Then there was a nock on my door. The lights were off so I couldn't see who came it but they sat on the end on my bed. '' I'm glad you are OK Mary.'' Said the voice. Then I knew it was Ben. '' I am glad to.'' I told him with a smile on my face. We talked for a bit until he got a phone call from Jane. I wrote in my diary the things that happened a d how I truly feel bout it then I hide in under my bed.I was finally able to get some sleep. Its a good thing to cause I got an appointment to go to tomorrow.

It is morning now. I woke up with a huge headache, my head is pounding. Mom made me eggs and bacon which by the way happens to be my favorite. It includes two Dublin eggs with toast and nice melted butter. When dad came into the room I could tell something was bothering him. I looked at him and said,'' Daddy I will be OK please don't stress about what happened.'' Though he didn't say anything me gave me a little smile. I think it was his way of thank in me at that time. A few hours later we got in the car and went to the doctors office.

As we sat there mom and ad held hands and sat there anxiously. I was nervous waiting with anticipation for the news to come. The doctor came it and started speaking to me. '' Mary, you are lucky to be alive right now young lady.''he said. There was a small pause and it was quiet in the room. Then doc spoke again,'' your feeling about your situation must be awful from what I see here in this journal.'' I took a glance at his desk and noticed my journal on it. As I saw it a moment of anger and sadness attacked my heart. It was like fire and rain hitting me from both sides of my body. I looked over at my dad who was looking at me.

The doctor read from my book aloud,'' I feel empty, like the world around me is caving in and nobody can save me. I can't breathe and I feel like collapsing a d not getting up.'' Then he stopped. ''Mary this is how you feel about your condition?'' I answered,'' where did you get my journal doctor!!!'' Even though I already knew. They look eat me and apologized. Then dad spoke,'' honey there is a solution to your pain.'' I was tearing up with tears full of pure anger for what my dad has done. Then the doc spoke again'' Mary there are things you need to do differently now you were supposed to be an aborted baby.'' I looked at the doctor with confusion. Then dad looked at me and said,'' Mary your mom and I adopted you when you were just a little baby. That's when I blew. I got up and left the room crying. I had nothing but hate for my parents now. How could they keep a secrete from me and what did that doctor mean aborted baby?

I started walking home, but my parents came and picked me up. I didn't talk to them for the whole way home then I sat on the couch and they did as well. Mom said something to explain,'' Mary sweety you real mother was going to have you aborted but when she tried it didn't work.'' My heart fell silent and my mind going. I was so shocked and confused. We got home after about 15 minutes of being in the car. I ran inside and got a backpack and headed for my bedroom window. The ground wasn't to far down so I decided to jump.

After waiting a few minutes for my fear to go away I went. Then I headed for that old field that Ben and I had so much fun going through. I went to the dock and stayed there for a bit until I heard my phone ring. A few annoying belongs of the phone made me pick up. It was Ben, he was wondering where I was and I told him. Within about twenty minutes he showed up at the docks. As he walked on the dock and sat by me I tried to hold in my cry with everything I could but it just came anyhow. Ben put Hus arm around me and gave me a warm hug.

It is hard to described how I felt when he did that.... it was warm and calming to me and I put my head againsed his chest and cried in his shoulder. The stress,anger, and hate fled from me soon after. After I got done explaining to Ben what I was going through he looked sad and hugged me again. Our feet in the cool water and the moon at its highest point with glissining stars shining ever so brightly. Ben was so calm and caring, he has always been there for me as I have been there for him. My feelings for him grow everyday, I cannot describe how I feel nor can I say how or what this feeling is because to be honest I don't know myself. Suddenly his phone rang. It was Jane calling him. He got up slowly and offered me a ride home so I decided to take it.