Ch18

Zahra pov: I was applying the red lipstick that my sister was infamous for when I swore I heard her laugh. I shook my head and closed my eyes , I cant loose right now I have to be the strong girl I am. I closed my eyes and I could picture me and her dancing in front of the tv to Beyoncé Crazy in love or 3LW players gone play. The little things are the ones that matter the most, I just miss my sister and I wish this was all a nightmare but it's the sad reality she is gone. I remember the fight that my mom and her had when she decided to drop out of school and move in with Lorenzo. Lorenzo was a name that brought fear every time it was uttered. Zoey was a girl who saw the glitz and glamour and the power that he had surrounded. Zoey never really cared about the consequences that the love affairs was going to bring. I wished she would of acted like the big sister instead of the love sick dumb girl she acted like. I strapped my heels and opened my door to see Lyonel and Alexis walking out the bathroom. I scrunched up my face because what did Lyonel have to speak with her about. They don't even know eachother? Do they?

Zahra: Um Lyonel

Lyonel: Baby you look so beautiful , I never knew that you wore red lipstick

Zahra: I didn't Zoey did

Lyonel: who

Zahra: My sister the reason im wearing all black

Lyonel: Right im sorry baby Im just so tired, but I have something to ask you

Zahra: No you don't because you can only ask me something if we together. WE NOT TOGETHER

Lyonel: Why do you always do that. I apologized for what happened back in Jackson

Zahra: Lyonel I told you over and over and over

Lyonel: Is it because of him?

Zahra: Who

Lyonel: Im not stupid I am a very intelligent young man if I could say so. I can also see when a man is interested in my girl

Zahra: Get one first then you can see

Lyonel: I have one

Yasmine: Zahra , Lyonel the limo is here

Lyonel: Come on baby

Zahra pov : He tried to take my hand and I snatched it away, I don't know what else I could do that will get into his head that I don't want him. I grabbed my clutch and my phone , and walked down the stairs. I saw my mom sitting in the chair by the door. She had on a black hat and had on red lipstick on as well. When I looked over i saw Alexis and when she saw Lyonel fear showed on her face. On the way to the church it was silent in the limo and I just looked out the window. I cant believe that im going to go to my sister funeral.