Chapter 1

Author's POV

Niall was in his bedroom getting ready for another day at the famous, Willow Heights Boarding School. Where students from all over the country came to be taught by the best teachers, and only the best students attended the school. Willow Heights was a school for gifted children from ages 11-18.  

Niall still lived at home because he only lived about 30 minutes away from the academy, something only about five students at the school had in common, everyone else lived in dorms on campus. 

Niall got dressed in his uniform, a maroon polo shirt with khaki pants, and his usual vans.

*

In her bedroom, Autumn Stone brushed out her long light brown hair. She was also one of the five students who lived near the school.  

She applied her eyeliner and mascara to her bright green eyes. Afterward, she got dressed into her khaki skirt, white polo, and maroon cardigan, along with her white converse. 

"Autumn! Hurry up you're going to be late for school!" Autumn's mom, Sara yelled from downstairs. 

Autumn rushed down the stairs, her mom handed her a bagel and said, "Get in the car, so I can take you to school. If you walk today you'll be late, you don't want to be late on your first day!" Her mother yelled as they rush out the door. 

In the car, Autumn plugged in her phone to the stereo and played her music, singing along loudly to the music,  

"Why should we fight the feeling? 

Lets just live in the moment! 

Though its infatuation, I'm good with that! 

Cause I'm in love with the thought of you!" 

Her mom lowered the volume and began talking to someone in the car next to them, "Hello, Niall! How are you?" Autumn's eyes bulged as she heard that name, Niall Horan. She absolutely hated him. 

"Hi, Mrs. Stone! I'm good, thank you for asking!" Niall replied. 

Irritated, Autumn turned the volume up again so she wouldn't have to hear his obnoxious voice. 

"Autumn, don't be rude! Say hi to Niall!" Autumn's mom said as she lowered the music once again. 

Autumn's eyes pierced through Niall as she spoke in a cold voice, "Hi" 

"Oh, hey, Amber!" Niall replied acting kind to irritate her and getting her name wrong on purpose. He smirked at her expression when he called her Amber. 

The light turned green and right before they drove away Autumn shouted, "Bye Neil!" She saw him roll his eyes. She has a smirk on her face, knowing that it irritatedNiall when people pronounce his name wrong. 

Her mom dropped her off at the front gates of the academy and Autumn said goodbye to her mother.

Niall's POV

I walked into the school gates, seeing familiar faces all around me. "Hey Niall!" "What's up, Niall?" "How was your summer Niall?" "Oh, look its Niall Horan!" I heard murmurs all around me, and I was immediately surrounded by people, some strangers, some friends, and some stalkers. I was like a celebrity there, it was really annoying sometimes.  

I could see Autumn Stone standing on the front steps of the school with her friends, staring at me. She rolled her eyes at me, and I just turned my back on her.  

My two bestfriends, Joe and Nick walked up next to me, pulling me away from the crowd of people. 

Joe was about my height, 5'8. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes.