Searching for Stability

Mia stepped into her mansion on Gardner Drive and yelled, "Hey, Dad?" to let him know she was home from school. Mia was just a 15 year old girl at the time, in 10th grade living with her father, John Parker, and her brother Brad, (Bradley.) Mia's mother had passed away when Brad was just 9 and little Mia was almost 1.

"Hello, princess Mia," replied Mia's brother, Brad.

He had always called her that, ever since she was little because she would always pretend to be a princess, so everyone went along with it.

"Haha hey Brad, is dad home?" Said Mia with a slight giggle.

"Uh naw, not yet he's still at the winery with... Veronica." Brad rolled his eyes at the thought of his father with another woman other than his mother.

"Is she that bad?" Asked Mia, still smiling, clearly not having met the woman.

"Just picture Satan with makeup and a wig. " Brad said while deleting some old emails off of his phone.

Mia laughed then ran up the spiral staircase to her bedroom. She brushed against the picture of her mother, Eve, holding her on the very day she was born in a tiny frame with buttons glued on each corner. Bradley probably made it. She nearly dropped it. Mia never truly experienced having a mother, but she stood there and pondered about the very idea of having mother-daughter days out, talking about drama and helping her with girl issues. She had Brad, and her father. Her only real motherly figure was her maid/house cook, Jackie. She wasn't her mother, but she was more of a big sister that Mia never had. Mia took the small frame from the hall table, and put it into her messenger bag, and walked down the hall and into her room.

Chapter 2: Mia walked the halls of school, just looking straight ahead towards her boyfriend, Luke's locker. Mia's family hasn't met him yet, but she was planning on doing it soon, since summer vacation started tomorrow because today was the last day of school. Mia held her books close to her chest but dropped them next to Luke's blue locker. She leapt up into his arms, wrapping her legs around his waist, and he kissed her on the cheek. Letting her down easily, he returned her legs to the ground. He suddenly placed one hand into his surprisingly tidy locker and the hand came back out with 12 peach colored roses, strung together with a yellow bow.

"Happy 2 month anniversary babe!" Exclaimed Luke going in for another kiss, but this time not as innocent as the one before. They made out in the hallway before, but never around so many jealous eye rollers. Mia smelled the roses and hugged him, not caring what people must have been thinking. She thought to herself that if she had been single and bitter, she would most likely stare too. She felt as though she was the luckiest girl in the world.

"They're beautiful, Lukey!"

Luke blushed and picked up Mia's books off of the floor for her. They were going to the same class, so Mia quickly put her flowers into her locker just before the bell rang, letting them know they had 5 minutes to get to class. On the way there Mia asked Luke,

"Luke, I think it's important that you meet my family soon."

"Of course! I'd love to meet them!"

Mia smiled and Luke held all her books for her, (as usual), and they used their free arms to hold hands before they walked into their classroom.

..

Chapter 3: Big News

John and Veronica were sitting in the two front seats, and Brad, who desperately wanted to take his own car, sat in the back like a child with Mia.

"I still can't believe you have been dating "this boy" for 2 months and you have us meet him now.." Babbled John under his breath.

Mia then replied as they entered the parking lot, " don't be mad, he's worth the wait."