Chapter 7

I absolutely hate the feeling that your in trouble. I mean, I get in trouble all the time, but I hate when whoever I’m in trouble with or by makes me feel smaller than I already am.

I was sitting in the office of my new boss, being drilled about the whole pregnancy scare that happened two months ago. Pictures got leaked of me buying the test, and Louis leaving the house in tears, and it was effecting every single part of my life.

"So, you are pregnant?" he asked as he looked through my resumé.

"No." I said as I looked down at my lap.

"This is a professional company, we can’t afford to have you on board, your too much of a risk." he said as if it was nothing, and shooed me away. 

Tears didn’t even try to stay away, they just spilled over.

I’ve been so depressed, so monotone, I haven’t cried or broken down… until today.

I literally hunched over, not able to breathe because of how hard life had hit me at once. My tears just poured from my eyes, I couldn’t even process what was happening around me, I was too wrapped up in how upset everything was making me.

I felt someone pick me up, and they seemed familiar, yet unfamiliar at the same time. I looked up and met eyes with one of the last people I wanted to see now and days.

Harry.

"Put me down! Why are you here!?" I screamed and hit his chest.

"Just calm down. You seriously got a job at our recording studio and didn’t expect us to find out?" he chuckled and I cried harder. “Oh babe, your alright." he sighed as he sat us down on a bench outside of the building.

"No I’m not!" I screamed and looked him in the eye. He gave me a sympathetic smile before wrapping me in his arms, something I’ve wanted someone to do for weeks.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, Louis isn’t doing too great, either." he said softly and I squeezed my eyes shut. 

"How the hell would that make me feel better, you idiot!" I mumbled into his chest and he slowly stroked my head. “I don’t know what to do…" I cried and Harry comforted me.

"You know, Louis is my best friend, I know him like the back of my hand, so I know he still loves you. And judging by how your reacting, I know you still love him, and did what you did out of love. You were just trying to protect him." I looked up at him in shock and he smiled.

"God, Styles, when did you get a brain?" I joked and he chuckled. “I can’t tell you how much you just sorted my thoughts for me." I smiled as I wiped away some tears.

"Why didn’t you say that to him then?"

"I tried. But… but he just… I’m an idiot." I stuttered and held my head in my hands. “I lied so much. It seems like every time something is going good or I fall in love, I end up ruining it right as things were amazing."

"Cori, your really skinny, have you eaten?" he asked as he knelt in front of me.

"N-Not in, like, two, three days." I said quietly and stared at the ground.

"Okay, cmon." he sighed and helped me up, leading me to his car.

"W-Where are we going?" I asked as he got in on his side and pulled out onto the street. 

"My flat." he said simply and we rode quietly the rest of the way, except for my whimpers. We pulled up to his place and we made our way inside.

He let me through the door first and I immediately met eyes with Louis.

Seriously?! Of course Louis would come to his best friend! Why didn’t I think about that?!

I turned right around and ran into Harry before collapsing to the ground, blood covering my pants.

Louis rushed up to me and tried to help me up, but I couldn’t help but black out.