2

I was driven to the airport closest to my old home. Jeff handed two men in black suits and sunglasses standing just outside the entrance doors. Jeff told me they were to be my body guards for the remainder of my trip. Jeff walked with us to the jet waiting for me. We said our goodbyes and I climbed the stairs into the jet. It was roomy despite the few other kids in it. I sat down in a seat farthest from everyone else, observing them quietly. The men in the suits wouldn't tell me where we were headed, they just told me to sit down and wait. Half way through the flight a small girl with silver colored hair and striking green eyes came and sat next to me. She seemed to be about 8 or 9. She didn't say anything, all she did was watch me. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a boy watching me. He had brown hair and dark brown, almost black, eyes. Even when I made eye contact with him he didn't break his gaze. I tried to ignore him but I could feel is eyes on me. "Colt." the girl said. "Excuse me?" I asked her. "Colt. His name is Colt." she said. I simply nodded slowly in response. A few minutes passed before I decided to break the silence. "And I suppose you've a name as well." I said. "It's Cece." she said. "Vesta." I said holding out my hand to her. She stared at it, clearly unsure of what to do. "It's just a handshake." I said, laughing a little. After I showed her how to shake hands she went to everyone, even the men in suits, shaking their hands. I had to admit it was a little cute. When she made her way back to me she began telling me about herself, who she was, how she got here, how her family was. Man that girl could talk, though I didn't mind much. It was the first time I had felt like someone had actually wanted to talk to me in a long time. A few hours later we landed in a place which was cold, windy and covered in snow. The cold reminded me of the chill in the air when I would walk through the streets of London back home. Not far away I could see a grey building that reminded me slightly of a prison. We were all put onto a clearly recycled school bus and driven toward the large grey building. We were then ushered off the bus and into the building. The waiting area of the building was pure white. Everything in it was white from the walls to the furniture. It had a half circle counter and two small arm chairs on either side of the room. Sitting behind the counter was a woman dressed in white scrubs with brown hair typing away at her computer. One of the men in suits walked over to counter and whispered something to her. She nodded and picked up the phone next to her and made a call. She spoke in a hushed voice to whoever was on the other end of the call. As soon as she hung up the phone she stood up and smiled at us. "Mrs. Desdemona will be with you in a moment." the girl said. She then sat down and went back to her typing. After a few moments of impatient shuffling from all of us one of the white doors in the room opened a woman flanked two men stepped out walking directly in front of the semi circle desk. The men stood on either side of the woman with there hands behind their backs. They both looked exactly like each other. They were dressed in white scrubs and had spiked up brown hair and ocean blue eyes. The woman stood in between the two men with her hands clasped in front of her. She smiled warmly at us all as if we were here dearest friends. Her blonde hair was pulled tightly in a bun with side bangs swooping over the right side of her forehead. She had eyes the same color grey as the outside of the building, that seemed to watch us intently, as if we would run at any moment. She wore a white blouse with a grey pencil skirt and blazer. She also wore grey high heels. Finally, she spoke. "I am Katharina Desdemona," she began, her voice sounding sweet as honey. "And welcome to The Cause."