Rude Awakening

"Louis! Get your lazy ass out of bed. We leave for the airport in 15 minutes. Eddy and Haz are waiting!" William, my annoying, nerdy twin shouts at me.

I sit up in my bed, stretching. "What the hell, mate? 15 minutes to shower, get dressed and all that other shit. Why didn't you force me up earlier?"

William smirks at me. "Because watching you up and in a rush is hilarious. 14 minutes. Tick tock." I glare at him as I make my way to the bathroom.

"BASTARD!" I shout.

"YOU LOVE ME!" William shouts back. Yeah. I do love him. William is my twin and we've been through so much.

I strip out of my pyjamas and hop into the shower. I had it scalding hot, just the way I liked it. I felt like it melting the sticky grime of my past. See, our parents abused us. I was the older twin, and I took the beatings. But, my parents would always verbally abuse Will. I felt that he had it harder.

I washed everything and stepped into the chilly air of the bathroom. I had forgotten my towel. I decided to make that risky naked trip to my room across the hall. I quickly locked the door and got dressed.

I met William in the kitchen and we ate. One of his eyebrows rose. "I'm surprised, Lou. You've never gotten ready in 10 minutes before. I'm impressed." I smirk at him. "Shut up and eat. I'll be waiting in the car. If you're not out in 3 minutes then I'm leaving you."

I went out and sat in the car. I watched a happy family walk their dog down the street as I smiled, sadly. I never had a "happy family". I had two rude parents and an awesome brother. William and I moved out just before we turned 15. It was hard. We lived on the street for a long time.

Soon enough, William was in the car with me. We had a little tradition for long trips in the car. Every time, we would play our favourite Elvis Presley CD. My favourite song was "Bridge Over Troubled Waters".

We sang along to most of the songs. Laughing when we could reach the Kings amazing high notes. And soon enough, we were there.

(AN; SO WHATCHA THINK? My goal to continue is 5 reads. I think we can get there, yeah? :))

~Whaley