Chapter 1

I helped Caroline off the carriage and welcomed her to the small estate. It would be considered large for the Bingleys, for it be their late fathers home. They were rather rich, but not as I, I often found myself envious of their modesty and their manners. Alas, they did not have the relatives as I do, they grew up in a more rustic way, whereas I see myself growing up in civility and pride.
It had been several weeks since we arrived to our quaint home, when a telegram arrived in a dirty parcel. Charles did not hesitate to open it, and honorably, read it aloud for Caroline and I to hear. "Dear Mr. Bingley, Mr. Darcy, and Miss Bingley, we are to inform you of a ball that you must attend at our humble home being held this evening. Sincerely, Mr. Bennet"
My heart stopped. I was not a strong socialite, despite what my title will falsify others.
"What a laughingstock of a man!" Caroline exclaimed. She was colder than ice, stronger than a queen, but as graceful as a lamb. She was very good at playing an aristocrat, learned intently from her mother.
"But Caroline! I daresay you know any other way to make acquaintances with the townspeople!"
"We are not to associate our selves with the lower class Charles, think rationally; we do not even know them!"
"I'm afraid Caroline is right Charles, we do not know them and we should-"
"There's something, it says something on the back!"
" P.S. If we are at our utmost of fortunes and you do make appearances at our humble home, of course you will have to meet our five beautiful AND eligible daughters"
Sincerely, Mrs. Bennet"
Caroline and I exchanged estranged glances between one another, we knew we were going to that party, not at out leisure, but at our dear friend Mr. Bingleys.