September 30 1978

(Disclaimer: this is my first time writing a story so bear with me )

It was the day Meryl Streep was set to wed the amazing Don Gummer at her parent's house down in Connecticut.

"Mamma!" Meryl yelled from the room.

Mary ran up to see what all the commotion was. She stopped dead in her tracks as she saw her beautiful daughter in her wedding gown.

"Well? How do I look?" Meryl asked as she spun around.

"You look beautiful, sweet pea. I can't believe my little girl is all grown up and getting hitched today!" Mary said, tears brimming her eyes.

Meryl went over and pulled her mother into a tight hug. "Oh, don't you start crying on me now. You're gonna make me get all emotional."

Mary chuckled lightly. "What did you need, dear?"

"Oh, nothing. I wanted to ask if the dress looked good on me and if everything was in place." Meryl asked, running her hands down the dress.

Mary nodded and smiled. "M, the dress looks beautiful on you. I love everything about it."

Meryl smiled. "Momma, both Don and  I would like to thank you and Daddy for putting this wedding all together, and thank you for being the best mother there is out there. You and Daddy did a wonderful job raising me, Harry, and Dana. We were such a handful. But I don't think I would be the person I am today without your guy's influence. I love you very much."

"I loved every second with you three. And you're welcome baby girl, I love you too." Mary replied, getting emotional again.

Meryl saw her father standing in the doorway. "Is it time already?"

"Whenever you're ready, sweetie. You look gorgeous." He replied.

"Thank you Daddy." She said, pulling her father into a hug.

"I hope you know, both your mother and I are very proud of you. We love you very much, and we know you and Don will last for eternity just like your mother and  I."

After their little conversation, Meryl was about ready to finally get married.

*****
On the other hand, standing right in front of the alter beside the minister was the ever handsome, Don Gummer. Dressed up in a nice black suit. Family members were seated in the right places, the bridesmaids and groomsmen were making their way down the aisle while the music began to play, and Don's heart began beating faster than ever.

Meryl emerged from the house, holding tightly onto her father's arm, and found Don looking at her, smiling with that oh so familiar grin of his. In her head she thought he looked amazing in that suit, and just wanted to kiss him, but she kept her cool and proceeded to casually walk down the aisle with her father. As she reached the end of the aisle, she gave her mother a kiss as her father gave her a hug and handed her over to Don.

Meryl smiled grabbing his hand and said, "Hey, baby."

"You are the most beautiful sight in the world." He said, looking deeply into her eyes.

"Oh, thank you. You look quite handsome yourself." She said as Don leaned to kiss her forehead.

To make a long story short, they both exchanged their long, heart-felt vows, and said the magical words: "I do."  As Don kissed his beautiful bride, each family member was filled with such happiness. The kiss seemed to last forever, neither Meryl or Don wanting to break it apart.

Their wedding was a complete bliss. Everything went smoothly and it was just perfect, perfect. Like they had imagined it would be. Meryl and Don entered their small reception, joining family members and close friends in celebration of the biggest event of both of their lives. Although the reception was lovely and all, the newly wedded couple were more than eager to spend their night as Mr. & Mrs. Gummer.

As time continued and it was getting dark, the Gummers said their goodbyes and drove off to a hotel where Meryl had booked a room to celebrate their own little after party (if you know what  I mean). That night was filled with so much love and compassion. Their love making was slow and sensual, both taking time to cherish the moment. Mary Louise Streep still couldn't believe she was now 'Mrs. Gummer'. She had no clue what the future held for the both of them, but she knew they would experience every little detail in life madly in love with the other.

Hoped y'all liked it. Please feel free to send any ideas or requests that you'd like for me to make a story out of.