[06.] M E A N S S O M E T H I N G

Kennedii Vanessa Willams

Negative. It's word that almost never means good. I been in this very hospital for over three days, and Odell has been by my side each day. Odell's fiancé already flew back to New York, and she's been going at it with him. I'm not the type to ruin a relationship, so I say nothing in this. As of now, I'm sitting in the waiting room on Dr. Hodges with Kalani's x-rays. She says Kalani should be getting out in three more days. And she's supposedly on bed rest.

"Hey," Odell's voice seemed exhausted as he sat beside me. "I just couldn't stay away from you. You know, I care for you. And I will be here for here."

There was a periodic time of silence before I layed a short, chunky kiss on Odell's cheek. That's all I could give him at the time. I wasn't in the mood to get in the bed with him or talk our feelings out. They are gone for me.

"So. . . When you heading back home?" He questioned.

"In four days. Kalani gets out in three, but I don't want to rush things. Doctors want her to go through therapy in our home town, too. And I have to spend over five hundre—"

Odell spoke, "I got you. That's what friends are for. I will pay for everything. I make money every single week."

I couldn't leave the offer. Lamar wasn't aware and I don't want to spend money I barely have on that. Odell was meaning it, and maybe that was a way to just keep me.

"F-Fine, Odell."

Before he could speak, Dr. Hodges walked out of her office holding pink folder with Kalani's name.

"These are her hospital files. I-I believe she can leave tonight. But if you aren't ready, we can do so–"

"Tonight would be great, doc!" I smiled.

"Well, around seven, we can release her. It was nice doing business."

Two hours later. . .

Me and Odell were currently in North Creek Park. During our freshman year, we came here to escape highschool's drama. Odell was popular, but me on the other hand was actually a nobody. I was so focused on school and that was all. But Odell never forced me into something that I didn't want to do, and that's why we are close.

"So many memories happened on that bench." Odell pointed to the old, brown bench that we shared our secrets.

"Yea. I told you about me and Nathaniel's break-up and you threatened to kill him for me." I smiled, sparking a dimple.

"Yea. And when I gave Lia that promise ring you picked out." Bitter.

Lia was Odell's everything in his sophomore and freshman year. I hated her; she was atually a nice person. One of the only females I associated with in highschool. But things changed once Odell kissed me in the hallway. . . in front of everyone.

She created rumors, and started a bad reputation about me. Everything in her world crashed down. That gave her a quick, easy way to get to me. And she did. That's when my mom actually moved me. She noticed my sadness about it.

Odell's hand wrapped into mine as I laid my head on his broad shoulder. I could hear his heart beating at a slow, pasty beat. He was like a radio in my heart.

"What if we stayed in touch? Would love emerge?" Odell asked.

"Yes."